sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

One things for sure, big studios wont want to touch Neeson. He could still get work overseas,  in Europe.

Would not say for sure, He already has studio movie shoot to be released like Men in Black.

Could happen, could be hard to notice considering most of is output was rarely made by the big studio's, lot of europeen one like the Taken franchise, The Commuter, Cold Puirsuit, etc...

If you look at what coming up on is IMDB page:

Marlowe (announced) 
Philip Marlowe

Studios are not making that many movies nowaday.

Last year wide release under main label, just release, not necessarily made themselve:

WB: 19

Uni: 18

Fox: 11

Disney: 10

Paramount: 10

Sony: 8

Down to 76.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Where are those who thought Alita wouldn't even be number 1 on its OW due to lego movie!

Hmmmmmpf!

🙋🏼‍♂️  Obviously that was assuming a little larger opening weekend, but it’s still possible. 

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

That's on them. I'm allowed to be smug.

You can be smug all you want when we get actual numbers proving you right.  This time next week we will have our proof. 

6 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:
12/14/18 Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Sony $177,416,627 3,813 $35,363,376 3,813 2
6/13/14 22 Jump Street Sony $191,719,337 3,426 $57,071,445 3,306 2
2/7/14 The LEGO Movie WB $257,760,692 3,890 $69,050,279 3,775 1
3/16/12 21 Jump Street Sony $138,447,667 3,148 $36,302,612 3,121 3
9/18/09 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Sony $124,870,275 3,119 $30,304,648 3,119 4

I dunno seems to me the audience did want these.

lol poor Spiderman into the Spideyverse directors, nobody will ever know they exist.

• Like 1

Out of all the arguments trying to explain the Lego 2 fiasco, nobody but me mentionned/noticed the incredibly 

annoying, tiring, non fluid and smooth, 15FPS, Lord/Miller Meta animation style  

of those Lego movies ?

Anyone ?

Because this animation style is incredibly off putting, fun just for ONE session but that's it.

That s what is killing this franchise beyond anything else IMO.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, boyamama said:

LMFAO why u guys over-react about LEGO 2 opening week,meanwhile MPR opening is way below and FLOPPIN'.....:sparta::Gaga:

Imagine being this triggered over Mary Poppins Returns that you bring it up without being incited. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

lol poor Spiderman into the Spideyverse directors, nobody will ever know they exist.

Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman and Bob Perschuetti.

19 minutes ago, boyamama said:

LMFAO why u guys over-react about LEGO 2 opening week,meanwhile MPR opening is way below and FLOPPIN'.....:sparta::Gaga:

(Though I appreciate the pro Lego 2 sentiment)

20 minutes ago, boyamama said:

LMFAO why u guys over-react about LEGO 2 opening week,meanwhile MPR opening is way below and FLOPPIN'.....:sparta:

Not sure if serious, but one big reasons is how legs tend to work for a Christmas release versus a february sequel movie with an lower cinemascore than the first release, 6x+ multiplier are common for a MPR type with that release date, cannot happen here. At 31M start is a risk at ending under 110m, first movie was 55/45 dom at least the $100m budget is low enough.

Has for Floppin, I know you are just trolling, but just to be sure do you think a movie going significantly over is large budget domestic alone is flopping ?

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Maybe, but also arguably it make absolutely just 0 sense to make more than one movie, the concept is already explored, why do an other one at all using lego against ?

From the trailer the fact they were in legos did seem 100% irrelevant with the movie concept purely because they were trying to make a sequel of a successful movie, unlike the first one.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Mary Poppins did not flop but it's not some big success either. A 130mil budget and probably a big marketing spend as well does not make its less than Solo worldwide numbers look stellar. People think Mary Poppins Returns numbers are funny because of how obnoxious some fans were about it being a lock to win the Holiday season. I didn't predict the Holiday season right either so I'm not smug about it 

Anyway, man is the weekend lame. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Out of all the arguments trying to explain the Lego 2 fiasco, nobody but me mentionned/noticed the incredibly 

annoying, tiring, non fluid and smooth, 15FPS, Lord/Miller Meta animation style  

of those Lego movies ?

Anyone ?

Because this animation style is incredibly off putting, fun just for ONE session but that's it.

The animation is the most impressive animation I've ever seen.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

MPR wasn't a flop.

LEGO Twovie will be.

That's why one is getting talked about.

Lego Movie 2 is a flop and Mary Poppins Returns was wildly over predicted by everyone and some people want to ignore that now because they are embarrassed by that stone cold fact. There has been plenty of talk about how much of a flop Lego Movie 2 is and that talk will continue. Not a great start to 2019 for WB.