sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

As an animation fan, as long as a good animated film breaks out I’m happy not to mention it seems Dragon 3 is the true event of February. (a bit sad Lego 2 had to die for Dragon 3 but I digress)

Just now, filmlover said:

Life is being restored to the box office.

But the dignity will only come with

Spoiler

Captain Marvel. Dear reader, you probably expected another Pika-Pika joke or comment? Well, normally i would go for that but theres no denying that CM will be a big fucking hit.

Spoiler

Real dignity will come only with Pika-Pika though.

Spoiler

PIKA-PIKA

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

It has been very OD heavy in all OS markets I've seen so far. I think Spider-verse would be a better comp. I hope it does more than 50m tough! 

:thinking:

3M previews

10.9M Fri

11.1M Sat

8.3M Sun

30.3M Total

Famous last words and all, but I just don't see it being that frontloaded. Just seems too unrealistic of a number.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Life is being restored to the box office.

We all thought Brie Larson would save the year. And yet...

tenor.gif?itemid=11990983

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

:thinking:

3M previews

10.9M Fri

11.1M Sat

8.3M Sun

30.3M Total

Famous last words and all, but I just don't see it being that frontloaded. Just seems too unrealistic of a number.

I tough it had made 2,2m in previews. Yeah, it won't be THAT frontloaded. 

Edited by salvador-232

Just now, salvador-232 said:

I tough it had made 2,2m in previews. Yeah, it won't be THAT frontloaded. 

Made $3.5M in previews. Guess there was a huge initial fan rush. Strongly recommend to you (and everyone else) to have this bookmarked.

http://www.boxofficereport.com/previewgrosses.html

It's a great database for preview grosses that helps me out a lot when it comes to finding comps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Curious to see if the alleged good WOM Alita can sustain Dragon 3 or if Alita crumbles to a 60% drop or worse showing it doesn't have good WOM and was heavily frontloaded by Cameronites.

Dont be deceived. If there was a rush for Alita, it would have been Anime- and Mangafans of the property and in general.

There are only 3 people on Planet Earth that actually are Cameronites in the sense of the word, having given up their lifes and minds for a future, where a grumpy old man only makes movies about tall, blue people arguing about nature and capitalism.

And all of them post in this forum.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Dont be deceived. If there was a rush for Alita, it would have been Anime- and Mangafans of the property and in general.

There are only 3 people on Planet Earth that actually are Cameronites in the sense of the world, having given up their lifes and minds for a future, where a grumpy old man only makes movies about tall, blue people arguing about nature and capitalism.

And all of them post in this forum.

"Only 3". Oh sweet summer child, there are at least 5.