sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

Giving optimistic holds on Sat and Sun it just touches 50 cume with 15 OD,

12.0 [15.0 OD]

19.2 (+60%)

13.4 (-30%)

= 47.6 OW

47.6 + 2.5 = 50.1 cume

I feel OW will be 45 with 47.5 cume unless OD goes above 15.

HTTYD2 did 3.58x the FSS in 2014.

Close to that, say 3.5x, would give HTTYD3,

45.0 * 3.5 = 157.5 + 2.5 = 160 Dom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

why is HTTYD3 projecting to do 1.5X the business of Lego Movie 2 through and through the weekend?

Why is the Earth flat?

Because the flying spaghetti monster wants it that way.

1 minute ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

I don't see how a god can have any desires on how to set or shape our reality

I don't think a deity would want something a particular way for us

Who are you to determine whether ot not a deity like the almighty flying spaghetti monster thinks about the subjects you listed?

You are not a noodle. You cant emphasize with other noodles, can you?

Im sorry guys, i forgot im speaking to an AI.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Who are you to determine whether ot not a deity like the almighty flying spaghetti monster thinks about the subjects you listed?

You are not a noodle. You cant emphasize with other noodles, can you?

noodles need to build a wall around their maker and save themselves

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

2ND UPDATE, FRIDAY MIDDAY: DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is looking really good with an estimated $15M today, including last night’s $3M, on its way to $52M-$54M for the weekend. That does not include the $2.5M from Fandango previews. The threequel released by Universal has about 26 Imax hubs and a good deal of PLFs working in its favor out of its 4,259 locations. If you’re wondering what the top three animated openings are for February, they are The Lego Movie ($69M), The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water($55.3M) and The Lego Batman Movie ($53M).

Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel didn’t horde all the PLF screens and she’s eyeing an $11.6M second weekend at 3,820, -59% for a running total of $60.2M stateside in second place. As Nancy reported earlier, the James Cameron production is looking at a $60M opening in China, just under what Ready Player One filed at $61.6M. Remember only 25%-27% of that comes back to Fox’s bank account here in the U.S.

Warner Bros. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is eyeing an estimated third weekend in third of $10.6M, -49% for a running total of $84.2M.

MGM/Seven Buck’s Fighting With My Family is seeing around an estimated $8M at 2,711, after a $2.6M Friday in 4th place. Family is in the title and that tells you something because it can hope for matinees audiences tomorrow and Sunday.

In fifth is New Line’s second weekend of Isn’t It Romantic with an estimated $7M, -51% for a running total by Sunday of $33.2M.

More updates later.

Source: DHD

Feel like that's way too low for Alita. It should see a healthier Sat bump than whatever shitty multiplier DHD are projecting.

DopeyFlimsyEmperorpenguin-size_restricte

tumblr_ndwlsxzHwS1rrecxqo1_500.gif

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Variety projections based on early Friday

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-office/how-to-train-your-dragon-3-box-office-opening-weekend-1203146524/

HTTYD3 53

Alita 11-12

Lego2 10

I thought Alita would get a better Friday boost than other recent sci-fi since it's PG-13 but an $11-12m w/e projects around or under 100%

That's fantastic for HTTYD3 considering the second's underwhelming performance and what a movie like LEGO 2 just opened to coming off a huge predecessor. Further supports my theory that if you release an animated sequel more than 3 years after the first it's a tough sell, but get near the decade mark or so and you start having big nostalgia appeal (geez, can't believe HTTYD1 is almost a decade old). 

Really disheartening for Alita. Hopefully a good Sat jump to come, but honestly with the box office being so dead and the movie I saw, I really can't understand why WOM wouldn't be much better. 

• Like 2