sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is looking really good with an estimated$15M today, including last night’s $3M, on its way to $52M-$54M for the weekend. That does not include the $2.5M from Fandango previews. The threequel released by Universal has about 26 Imax hubs and a good deal of PLFs working in its favor out of its 4,259 locations.

DHD

Hmm. That seems a little lower than HTTYD2’s $18M OD. 🤨

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I think Deadline is full of shit.

Both numbers will increase a steady amount. Dont quote me on this; if im wrong, i will just edit this post away. Like it was nothing, nothing more than a turd in the wind, a small glimmer of false hope.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I think Deadline is full of shit.

Both numbers will increase a steady amount. Dont quote me on this; if im wrong, i will just edit this post away. Like it was nothing, nothing more than a turd in the wind, a small glimmer of false hope.

Is it usual that they do a weekend estimate before the studio reports thursday numbers?

Just now, chuck0 said:

Is it usual that they do a weekend estimate before the studio reports thursday numbers?

Yes. Especially in these last few years, Deadline makes their updates (nah, lets call them guesses) earlier and earlier.

They probably just want more headlines.

FWIW, Alita doesn't seem like it'll be a matinee-driven movie, so we could see better results for tomorrow.

Also from Deadline

Warner Bros. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is eyeing an estimated third weekend in third of $10.6M, -49% for a running total of $84.2M.

MGM/Seven Buck’s Fighting With My Family is seeing around an estimated $8M at 2,711, after a $2.6M Friday in 4th place. Family is in the title and that tells you something because it can hope for matinees audiences tomorrow and Sunday.

In fifth is New Line’s second weekend of Isn’t It Romantic with an estimated $7M, -51% for a running total by Sunday of $33.2M.

That FWMF debut seems pretty alright. The Lego and Romantic drops seem harsh, but understandable.

2ND UPDATE, FRIDAY MIDDAY: DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is looking really good with an estimated $15M today, including last night’s $3M, on its way to $52M-$54M for the weekend. That does not include the $2.5M from Fandango previews. The threequel released by Universal has about 26 Imax hubs and a good deal of PLFs working in its favor out of its 4,259 locations. If you’re wondering what the top three animated openings are for February, they are The Lego Movie ($69M), The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water($55.3M) and The Lego Batman Movie ($53M).

Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel didn’t horde all the PLF screens and she’s eyeing an $11.6M second weekend at 3,820, -59% for a running total of $60.2M stateside in second place. As Nancy reported earlier, the James Cameron production is looking at a $60M opening in China, just under what Ready Player One filed at $61.6M. Remember only 25%-27% of that comes back to Fox’s bank account here in the U.S.

Warner Bros. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is eyeing an estimated third weekend in third of $10.6M, -49% for a running total of $84.2M.

MGM/Seven Buck’s Fighting With My Family is seeing around an estimated $8M at 2,711, after a $2.6M Friday in 4th place. Family is in the title and that tells you something because it can hope for matinees audiences tomorrow and Sunday.

In fifth is New Line’s second weekend of Isn’t It Romantic with an estimated $7M, -51% for a running total by Sunday of $33.2M.

More updates later.

Source: DHD

Feel like that's way too low for Alita. It should see a healthier Sat bump than whatever shitty multiplier DHD are projecting.

Finally a possible debut to smile about.  Dragon 3 may be a Hotel Transylvania 3. 

Fighting With My Family will be fine.

Alita an expected smashed drop was expected.  

March 2019 will have some decent performsers.  April everything will die. May should maintain some momentum. For the rest of the year it’s all a tossup. 

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Feel like that's way too low for Alita. It should see a healthier Sat bump than whatever shitty multiplier DHD are projecting.

Since when does Deadline know how to calculate a multiplier? Thats advanced knowledge, they havent reached that state yet.

• Haha 1

If HHTD only gets to $15M (or $12M True Friday), I have a hard time seeing this get to $52M...I don't think it's playing as young as a normal animated...somewhere between Spidey and Lego 2 would probably be on point, leaning closer to the Spidey side...

I guess $15M, $20M, $15M + $2.5M is what they are shooting for in their estimate...but I don't know...

Edited by TwoMisfits

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

2ND UPDATE, FRIDAY MIDDAY: 

Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel didn’t horde all the PLF screens and she’s eyeing an $11.6M second weekend at 3,820, -59% for a running total of $60.2M stateside in second place. As Nancy reported earlier, the James Cameron production is looking at a $60M opening in China, just under what Ready Player One filed at $61.6M. Remember only 25%-27% of that comes back to Fox’s bank account here in the U.S.

Source: DHD

Hmm...

THU $1.6m

FRI (+119%) $3.5m

SAT (+60%) $5.6m

SUN (-30%) $3.9m

-----------------------

WKND (-54%) $13m

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1