Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

The biggest problem with CM is that it's a forgettable movie when it shouldn't be.It's the first female led film in the MCU and one of their most powerful characters for the love of God.It could have been and should have been a lot better.Maybe the greatness of IW spoiled me idk.

It took them 21 films to make the first female lead superhero movie so I doubt they saw it as a big deal.

I'm not even sure if Captain Marvel was a popular comic book?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It took them 21 films to make the first female lead superhero movie so I doubt they saw it as a big deal.

Still there was so much momentum and novelty going in that they should have given it the attention it deserved.I would name a certain other superhero who got their big break recently but this belongs to the franchise wars and I won't get into that.That being said,that film felt important.

6 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Still there was so much momentum and novelty going in that they should have given it the attention it deserved.I would name a certain other superhero who got their big break recently but this belongs to the franchise wars and I won't get into that.That being said,that film felt important.

If they wanted it to a movie deserving of the hype they had to hire an A-List director.

Now I haven't seen the film but I've seen the trailer and am confused to why they wouldn't hire a director with experience.

Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck haven't directed a big budget blockbuster before, if they couldn't find an experience women director they should have just hired a male one.

For instance look at the JCU, we hired Tim Miller (Deadpool) and Robert Rodriquez (Sin City, From Dusk Til Dawn, Spy Kids).

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

The biggest problem with CM is that it's a forgettable movie when it shouldn't be.It's the first female led film in the MCU and one of their most powerful characters for the love of God.It could have been and should have been a lot better.Maybe the greatness of IW spoiled me idk.

In the recent years only 2/3 movies is really unforgettable. IW and Deadpool (this one isnt a great film)

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

as much as you hate it, Wonder Woman is not forgettable too

No, you are right is pretty normal movie 😃

I dont hate Wonder Woman :(. Is a solid origin movie but overrated by the American critics. Imho

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Quite possibly the most unpopular character marvel has pushed hard. Which is strange, because Monica Rambeau has quite a following and is heavily attached to a team that would be a great addition to the mcu post Thanos, so she would be a much better choice than Carol.

• Like 1

Been awhile. Have to say CM is looking to have a good opening weekend. We are seeing it today.  Also and finally isnt it now clear that RT audience is a totally useless score unless you want to use it to measure childish people trying to create discord on social media. So many people afraid of girls.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel #2 opening of all time. Spider-man: Far From Home shall hit 20cr mark.

Top Hollywood Superhero Opening Day - India

Rank Title Year Total Gross (in crores) Total Net (in crores) Total Gross (in million)
1 Avengers: Infinity War 2018 ₹40.49 ₹31.33 $6.08
2 Captain Marvel 2019 ₹15.24 ₹12.79 $2.18
3 Avengers: Age Of Ultron 2015 ₹14.82 ₹10.98 $2.33
4 Deadpool 2 2018 ₹12.49 ₹9.68 $1.84
5 Captain America: Civil War 2016 ₹11.64 ₹8.53 $1.76
6 Batman vs Superman 2016 ₹10.94 ₹8.01 $1.63
7 The Amazing Spiderman 2 2014 ₹10.12 ₹7.58 $1.69
8 Thor: Ragnarok 2017 ₹9.98 ₹7.78 $1.55
9 Iron Man 3 2013 ₹9.42 ₹7.12 $1.74
10 The Amazing Spiderman 2012 ₹8.98 ₹6.77 $1.60
11 Spiderman: Homecoming 2017 ₹8.74 ₹6.82 $1.35
12 Justice League 2017 ₹7.49 ₹5.84 $1.15
13 Aquaman 2018 ₹7.09 ₹5.48 $0.99
14 Ant-Man and The Wasp 2018 ₹6.93 ₹5.37 $1.01
15 Black Panther 2018 ₹6.78 ₹5.27 $1.06

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If they wanted it to a movie deserving of the hype they had to hire an A-List director.

Now I haven't seen the film but I've seen the trailer and am confused to why they wouldn't hire a director with experience.

Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck haven't directed a big budget blockbuster before, if they couldn't find an experience women director they should have just hired a male one.

For instance look at the JCU, we hired Tim Miller (Deadpool) and Robert Rodriquez (Sin City, From Dusk Til Dawn, Spy Kids).

Poor Alister Grierson, the red headed stepchild of the JCU.

Yep...not quite my tempo.  The first three quarters is a hot mess.  It has some good stuff sprinkled in but for the most part I think right now, and this could change, this is one of the worst Marvel movies.  Up there with Thor 2 and Avengers 2.  I felt Brie was a bit miscast.  Liked the last 20 or 30 minutes.  Needed more SLJ and Agent Coultston.

Right now:  5/10

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

56 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's pretty standard to hire directors with little experience for these big budget extravaganzas.   There's literally a dozen or more examples of directors who's second films are massive budgeted films.  Look at Jurassic World for example....Tervorrow was a nobody when he directed it.  Even Whedon had only directed Serenity when he did Avengers.  The Matrix was the Wachowski's second feature as well. So it's not that uncommon.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yep...not quite my tempo.  The first three quarters is a hot mess.  It has some good stuff sprinkled in but for the most part I think right now, and this could change, this is one of the worst Marvel movies.  Up there with Thor 2 and Avengers 2.  I felt Brie was a bit miscast.  Liked the last 20 or 30 minutes.  Needed more SLJ and Agent Coultston.

Right now:  5/10

Have seen quite a few people who have said this including critics and youtube reviewers. Maybe the problem was with the character of Carol and directing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Have seen quite a few people who have said this including critics and youtube reviewers. Maybe the problem was with the character of Carol and directing.

idk i have see mostly praise still we cant judge with one movie  either way we need to see her more to know

Edited by john2000
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel

Day Date Gross in ¥ ('000) Gross in $ % +/- YD / LW* Shows / Avg Gross-to-Date Day #
Thu Mar. 07, 2019 ¥15,456 $2,300,000     7,631 $301 $2,300,000 0
Fri Mar. 8, 2019 ¥215,500 $32,068,452     165,804 $193 $34,368,452 1
Sat Mar. 09, 2019 ¥225,000 $33,482,143 4.41%   167,438 $200 $67,850,595 2

• Thanks 1