Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

First time I heard that one, in what way ?

According to dialogue web site #of word count:

Finn: 1,447

Rey: 1,363

Solo: 1,225

Kylo:: 618

Poe: 604

Rey has a lot of silent moments and would be imo the lead, never rewatched the movie in full but from memory it is her story, her arc and obviously the lead.

Solo has no arc in this and could have been really easily removed from the movie without much work.

I think screen time may be a better indicator. According to the link below Rey has the most screen time. Almost 90% more than Han Solo and almost 30% more than Finn who has the second longest screen time. 

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls023970521/

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think screen time may be a better indicator. According to the link below Rey has the most screen time. Almost 90% more than Han Solo and almost 30% more than Finn who has the second longest screen time. 

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls023970521/

Certainly is (just harder to calculate on a mass amount of movie level), should imagined that for a star wars it could be fund too, thanks.

17 hours ago, DeeCee said:

If CM follows BP’s Thu:OW ratio it hits AUD12m in Australia plus AUD1.5m previews for a cume of AUD13.5m by Sunday night. 

AUD:USD x 10 gives USD135m

AUD:USD x 11 gives USD148.5m

Looking good. 

• Thanks 1

If it lands around 63M I could definitely see 160 still being in the cards. I'm still going to stick with 150-155 unless Friday number increases significantly tonight.

Shame about Dragon's drop. Looking at 160M finish

Came back from seeing Captain Marvel.

Well, it was definetly a Marvel movie. Overall solid i guess. Brie was good but the material she was given was ... ehh sometimes. The script could have been a lot better.

Mendelsohn was fun.

I honestly will probably have forgotten about this film in a few months but its just a solid, typical Marvel film.

My Audience was dead silent, but its Germany so that was to be expected. I heared no negative comments when i was leaving. This will probably have very good WOM in the states.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Came back from seeing Captain Marvel.

Well, it was definetly a Marvel movie. Overall solid i guess. Brie was good but the material she was given was ... ehh sometimes. The script could have been a lot better.

Mendelsohn was fun.

I honestly will probably have forgotten about this film in a few months but its just a solid, typical Marvel film.

My Audience was dead silent, but its Germany so that was to be expected. I heared no negative comments when i was leaving. This will probably have very good WOM in the states.

Lol watching infinity wars would seem boring in a german theater lol

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

probably.... guess it is not too much different in Austria

ppl usually just want to watch the movie in peace :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well im a bit exaggerating :D i remember on my first IW screening that when all the characters memed away a couple girls next to me were nearly crying and i just chuckled and told them that they will all be resurrected anyway and that i was glad some of them died for the time beeing :lol: Man, they were not happy.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well im a bit exaggerating :D i remember on my first IW screening that when all the characters memed away a couple girls next to me were nearly crying and i just chuckled and told them that they will all be resurrected anyway and that i was glad some of them died for the time beeing :lol: Man, they were not happy.

This seems like a spoiler for End Game and thus is considered a bannable offense. Mods do something about it! 

:banned:

Edited by Nova
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

My Audience was dead silent, but its Germany so that was to be expected.

But are people going crazy in Germany, cheer, clap and cry when they see the Detective Pikachu trailer on the big screen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rthmar-vell said:

From earlier, CM 63-65m  not looking much different to DL early est 

Thanks, RtH. Always a blessing to see your godly posts.

So that bodes well for a 150-160M. Sat number will be the key like most of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

But are people going crazy in Germany, cheer, clap and cry when they see the Detective Pikachu trailer on the big screen?

In that case its another form of silence. Deep, respectfull, awestruck silence because we know we're not worthy of the greatness we will soon witness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do think it has to be said how insane it is that a brand new hero character who hadn't even turned up in a previous film before like Wonder Woman and Black Panther did, who's a B-List character is opening a film to 150+ plus million in all likelihood. The MCU's power is immense at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

Just now, Mulder said:

I do think it has to be said how insane it is that a brand new hero character who hadn't even turned up in a previous film before like Wonder Woman and Black Panther did, who's a B-List character is opening a film to 150+ plus million in all likelihood. The MCU's power is immense at this point.

Yes indeed.  Marvel is even in her name so that might help?  It's a Marvel movie, set in the Marvel cinematic universe, starring Mr or Mrs Marvel.  I guess that's a character now?  And its made by Disney, so bring the fam.