Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

14 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Psst pusssy. Its 9pm on Sunday night. 😝

Go drink some chaas, run through the fields or sing Aisa Desh Hai Mera

Thats what people in P’jab do right?

Thanks for reminding me to rewatch that movie. 

Edited by tawasal

Little disappointing that The Aftermath opened so poorly ($57.5K, $11.5K PTA). I wasn't interested in seeing it, but this is going to be the last film from the Fox company before they get swallowed up by the Disney machine in three days, and I kinda wanted the company to end on some sort of high note. Oh well

Edited by CoolEric258

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Little disappointing that The Aftermath opened so poorly ($57.5K, $11.5K). I wasn't interested in seeing it, but this is going to be the last film from the Fox company before they get swallowed up by the Disney machine in three days, and I kinda wanted the company to end on some sort of high note. Oh well

The Hummingbird Project fared even worse. The Mustang also put up average numbers. At least Gloria Bell is expanding well.

Pretty sad that Dragon 3 isn't going to get anywhere close to 2 after that opening. 

Captain Marvel really hurt it last weekend and the recovery now is irrelevant. 

I'm gonna post this in the Dragon thread too, but it's such a shame that though the first was beloved, it never translated to box office success for the sequels. How does Despicable Me or Hotel Transylvania keep more/increase their audience whilst this just dropped and dropped? 

I'm glad that the trilogy got made, but still sad at how it was relatively unrewarded. Hell, Boss Baby will make more than it. Boss freaking Baby. How did that get better legs? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Pretty sad that Dragon 3 isn't going to get anywhere close to 2 after that opening. 

I'm gonna post this in the Dragon thread too, but it's such a shame that though the first was beloved, it never translated to box office success for the sequels. How does Despicable Me or Hotel Transylvania keep more/increase their audience whilst this just dropped and dropped? 

I'm glad that the trilogy got made, but still sad at how it was relatively unrewarded. Hell, Boss Baby will make more than it. Boss freaking Baby. How did that get better legs? 

Dragon trilogy is a success just not one of those Holy Shit breakouts that boxoffice watchers will talk about for years. I also think that casual audience may have lost interest in the second cause character grew up. It wasn't a slow process like HP kids growing into teens. 

7 minutes ago, BK007 said:

From a "where do I take my children this weekend" point of view, all those films you cite are probably more enjoyable to them - they have more jokes, rather simple plots, more slapstick. You need Pixar levels of reception/reputation to pull off incredible legs with more sophisticated animated movies like HTTYD.

Nonetheless, all the movies in the saga still made good money. They hardly failed.

Edited by Celedhring

49 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yeah my phrasing was stupid as hell.I mentioned WB because they (will) have 2 billion films but I appreciate them because they also have 2 major horror franchises (conjuring,it),one monster franchise (Godzilla v kong) and then they will throw something original in the mix like a Nolan film or something.What's the last time Disney had one of those?

This year. They will have many many originals and Oscars-worthy movies. Have you forgotten they now have 20thCF and Fox Searchlight?

10 minutes ago, BK007 said:

because they are more kid orientated.

25 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

:wintf:

Thats what SRK movies taught me. Blame your idol!

ps: I may have binge watched a bunch of veer zara songs last night

Edited by ZeeSoh

Watched Triple Frontier last night, I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would based on the first 15 minutes I watched on Friday. Not the greatest film, but 2019 has been rather weak so far that it's probably my number 5 or so of the year. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BK007 said:

The main problem was they made a fuckin TV series which dampened the excitement for the movies... They shouldn't have done that or should have done after the trilogy.