FlashMaster659

Monday - CM 5.2m

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I expect CM 3rd weekend will be lower than WW's 3rd.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Same. 

If no extreme Endgame trailer... will be released, somethin unexpected.. me too

22 minutes ago, baumer said:

Of course it's fair. Summer weekdays means weaker weekends. 

Yeah but it does overall help legs, especially if a summer season is dead ((Though admittedly WW's summer was pretty packed.))

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Yeah but it does overall help legs, especially if a summer season is dead ((Though admittedly WW's summer was pretty packed.))

In my POV both can be helpful: if packed with a balanced selection, and/or if the selction allows to have fun (good movies), ~ helps to remember cinema exists, gives stronger trailer imact on te screen as in th tons of other advertisements at the edge of awarnes,...the movies can help each other

and when is empty, ppl are hungry for something....

• Like 1

Yeah summer weekdays help but I also think they deflated OW, so if Avengers 4 would be released in Jul I think it would see a small dip in it's OW but have a better multi in return (if you keep competition and other factors the same ofc). 

44 minutes ago, AndyK said:

It's almost certain at this point. WW's 3rd week drop is 29.5%, which is ridiculous. CM needs to have a less than 40% drop to be around the same number to WW.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

There's no telling how much End Game has boosted CM,  but it has obviously had an impact as seen in polling data and Marvel themselves tied the marketing of this movie to End Game.  There is no escaping that fact. 

Definitely and it absolutely will continue to do so.

36 million would still be good, 48% or so drop. That's what I'm hoping for.

52 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Which makes WW's weekend drops even more impressive and sheds a light on how much better received it was by audiences than CM. Shouldn't CM's weekends be stronger than WW's? WW had the solid summer days, which usually depress weekends, right? By only their third weekend, WW will already surpass CM's comparable weekend. I expect CM to post a 33-35 million dollar third  weekend (versus WW's 41 million)

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

How is 100 mil a low opening? No movie with a 100 mil+ opening has those legs.

I mean there are leggier films that opened for less. There aren't that many 100+ DOM in 3 days anyways. Some had worse legs but higher DOM. Definitely agree though, not a low opening. Opening 50% lower with higher ranked reviews made it easy to be leggy. I mean look at Aquaman, insane legs.

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Because of a low opening and summer

Isn't that common to open around 100m or lower and be in the summer for a SH movies ? Ant Man, Captain America, Thor, Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron Man, Spider Man Homecoming,

None came close to that multiplier.

• Like 2

At the end of the day, when a superhero film (or any other film, period) gets the kind of multiplier/drops/holds that WW (and BP) got, regardless of date, competition, or opening, it definitely reflects solid word of mouth. People did not pay to see WW or BP because there was nothing else to see/do; they did because the films themselves were compelling and attractive enough.

To say things like "it only was that leggy due to low opening and summer days/no competition" is myopic and super inaccurate...

• Like 1