FlashMaster659

Tuesday - CM 7.6m

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think the 60+ predictions are delusional for a horror film. It's possible but very unlikely. Get out was unreal and it got 33. Less crossover on that type of film. If it explodes I think maybe CM goes as low as 33. Realistically im thinking 35-36 with range of 33-39.

Far from me thinking the film will fail. 40+ (perhaps 47, a 40% increase over get out) opening and a 200+ DOM finish. 

You must have not seen the presales.

3 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

You must have not seen the presales.

Cm is 33-39 with me guessing 35-36. I said US is 40+ with my guess being 47. I saw presales 60+ still seems unlikely. Ending sounds horrible guess we'll see.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Get Out's success boosted Peele's rep to insane heights. Look at Us trailer views and presales. The hype is on par with Halloween last year. And the reviews are stellar. 

Maybe. I read the spoilers and the ending just sounds sooo bad. Maybe I'm wrong but 40% increase from get out doesn't seem that conservative to me for a horror film.

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Maybe. I read the spoilers and the ending just sounds sooo bad. Maybe I'm wrong but 40% increase from get out doesn't seem that conservative to me for a horror film.

The numbers are in the tracking thread. Even with wtv ending people are talking about it won't miss 60m OW at this rate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If Us break out to 60M + m then I also predict 2 things:

1.Captain Marvel will crawl to 400M

2.Dumbo and Shazam! Won’t break out

$400m is still $400m

Dumbo and Shazam have crossover audience that hurts each other. US is not targeting the same demo anyway.

21 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Little OT: But with Us coming out, Jordan Peele listed Candyman as a game changing horror movie.

FFFFFF that movie. Used to have horrible nightmares bc of that movie. 

Candyman is one of the coolest horror movies of all time!!

Also, Candyman says you're welcome for the nightmares.

Also, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If Us break out to 60M + m then I also predict 2 things:

1.Captain Marvel will crawl to 400M

2.Dumbo and Shazam! Won’t break out

surely the audience for Us is the exact opposite of the Dumbo/Shazam audience?

• Like 1

Us is poised to go huge...my 12s have given the movie 3 and 3.5 screens for the weekend (and Capt Marvel loses the Saturday showings for Shazaam, not Us)...

I'd say $60M is easily on the table looking at presales and theater sets...whether it becomes a reality will be based on the 48 hour final presale ramp up and the walk ups...