TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

36 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Only reason Captain Marvel is doing so well is cause of Endgame. no one would have cared about this movie otherwise.

But if Disney were smart, they would realize that Endgame is now going to act like The Last Jedi since now they alienated a good portion of their audience with this forced wokeness and inserting politics where no one wants it.

The fact there are two people out there who liked this is more concerning. 

You are much more of an incel than the person writing this. 

I can't believe people actually liked this. 

Edited by Matthew
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

To put the supposed $40m World Wide P&A spend in perspective - as  of March 31, so not including the last week push the TV ad spend for Shazam! is at an estimated $21.66m.    That's just below WW's ($23.59M) after the w/e it came. Shazam's total after this w/e should be around $26-28m.   Other recent CBM comps for the w/e after release -  AIW ($20.86m) and CM ($34.43m) . None of these movies had a $40m WW P&A budget.  TV ad spend is just a part of P&A expenses. 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/shazam-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203178303/

Top Movie Commercials by Weekly TV Spend

Data provided by iSpot.tv

$6.69M – Shazam!

Impressions: 317,180,370
Attention Score: 92.18
Attention Index: 98
National Airings: 990
Networks: 50
Most Spend On: CBS, TBS
Creative Versions: 60
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $21.66M
Studio: Warner Bros.

Thank you! Someone who finally understands! 

@MCKillswitch123 Wednesday, are you ready? Because my girlfriend sure as shit already made her point that I have to be ready. The pre-sales are strong man. It will probably die as the weekend progresses but Wednesday previews/Thursday are gonna be ridiculously large thanks to the Easter break.

EMBRACE THE PHENOM.

Edited by CJohn
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 Wednesday, are you ready? Because my girlfriend sure as shit already made her point that I have to be ready. The pre-sales are strong man. It will probably die as the weekend progresses but Wednesday previews/Thursday are gonna be ridiculously large thanks to the Easter break.

EMBRACE THE PHENOM.

It fucking kills me every time I hear that College-Age Christian Grey is named Hardin.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Captain Marvel was a movie particularly free of any politics message (we are from Casablanca / Gone With the Wind / Top Gun or even Batman V Superman), has for the no one want it:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $374,133,563    36.0%
Foreign:  $664,099,896    64.0%

Worldwide:  $1,038,233,459  

Or maybe I missed it (not being American make that easy), what politics were inserted here (free college, medicare for all, stopping supporting Israel, building the wall/limiting immigration being favoring finding a new home to refugee instead of welcoming them , breaking big techs ?), if that what pass for politically charged movie nowadays they really did become quite toothless. 

There is nothing politically about the movie. What these incels and YouTube neckbeards complain about are these and I am not joking

• Fury is shown washing dishes. 
  • The cat in the movie symbolises SJW agenda. 
  • It's SJW agenda to wear military flight uniformes. 
  • Carol's dad is mean to her. SJW agenda?

• Haha 1