cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

21 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

No way. QM started well worse right off the bat. This feels more like it's treading the line of mediocrity for most people and just fluctuating between 5 and 6.

It did? Was Quantumania immediately rotten? I already forget. It definitely looks like it could fare worse with Top Critics on RT/MC. Already at 38% and 51, respectively

Edited by Dragoncaine

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

It did? Was Quantumania immediately rotten? I already forget. It definitely looks like it could fare worse with Top Critics on RT/MC. Already at 38% and 51, respectively

I think Quantumania started in the mid-60s (RT).

5 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Not immediately rotten but it had already fallen into mid-low 60s by now. Shazam feels more like mid 50s, maybe low 60s if it's very lucky, don't think it's going to go as low as QM just by virtue of being a more inoffensive film

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

meh, no surprises here considering how mediocre the trailers were together with how backhanded the compliments from scoopers were

after loving the first one (very rare for me and a superhero movie) I was really looking forward to this, doubly so if it was going to be a mr mind movie

Mr Mind would've guaranteed a better film...by design it would have to stay smaller scale like 1 vs this big cgi slop. Biggest mistake made by far...but I can get why WB would be wary of an evil caterpillar movie lol.

• Like 2

I hope it does better than that! But it only cost $100 million to produce, so I don't think it's a disaster.

Like the original, the sequel cost $100 million to produce. That’s a lot of money, of course, but it’s significantly less than recent DC installments like “Black Adam” and “The Suicide Squad,” which carried price tags between $185 million and $200 million and thus required a lot more coinage to turn a profit.

Source: 'Shazam: Fury of the Gods' Box Office Opening Weekend Estimates - Variety

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

The crawl to Rotten BEGINS!!!!!!!

EE39-F8-D5-3179-450-A-A910-D1985443611-B

*channels energy to increase the score*

art tripping GIF

EDIT: It's back to 70% now so it seems like it worked (for now).

Edited by jak9
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jak9 said:

I hope it does better than that! But it only cost $100 million to produce, so I don't think it's a disaster.

Source: 'Shazam: Fury of the Gods' Box Office Opening Weekend Estimates - Variety

$100m is the studio number.

I’ll take a wild guess and say we’ll hear the film actually cost between $125m-$150m before Monday.

Just now, AJG said:

$100m is the studio number.

I’ll take a wild guess and say we’ll hear the film actually cost between $125m-$150m before Monday.

I've also seen $125 million. I suspect that you might be right, but I think it's closer to $125 million than $150 million.

From Aug 2022

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/batgirl-shelved-warner-bros-1392407/

With Batgirl, studio executives faced a situation where they could spend another $7 million to $9 million in postproduction and special-effects costs — and perhaps more in reshoots — to try to get the movie to a place where it could stand alongside some of DC’s similarly small gambles, like the upcoming Shazam! Fury of the Gods, whose budget is $125 million.