Eric Addams

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $859M OS, $1.209B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

100M? What? Surprised you guys aren't going 7 MILLION FOR 357!!!

Just now, Water Bottle said:

That's what we thought with TFA😂

True. I don't think it'll last a decade, but I do think it'll set the record for longest OW reign. I believe the current record is 4.5 years (Spider-Man to DMC).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

True. I don't think it'll last a decade, but I do think it'll set the record for longest OW reign. I believe the current record is 4.5 years (Spider-Man to DMC).

I actually believe The Lost World has that record.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Ultron was snapped out of existence by Feige.

Having the Russos and Markus & McFeely in charge of this MCU Chapter’s ending was so satisfying so basically this reason. 

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

There’s so much hindsight bias lol.  Back at the end of 2015 the consensus was Marvel peaked with the Avengers.  There were a few users claiming BvS would break the record but they were fringe.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Have you watched the list I posted earlier with the history of OW records ?

Can't you see the giant gap between IW and Endgame, such a huge gape between two OW records has never happened.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

No. It's going to last a decade.

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

There’s so much hindsight bias lol.  Back at the end of 2015 the consensus was Marvel peaked with the Avengers.  There were a few users claiming BvS would break the record but they were fringe.

Right and I'm sure the consensus this time it's that it's 100% right that the record is safe for a long-ass time. :P 

18 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

TELL US!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Right and I'm sure the consensus this time it's that it's 100% right that the record is safe for a long-ass time. :P 

How can the record be safe though with Godzilla vs Kong coming next year?

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I won’t quite go a decade, but TFA beat the record by only 19%, and this is breaking it by about 40%. Might take the record for longest standing record, DOM and WW.

Just now, VenomXXR said:

So many movies missed on breaking that record because of them opening on weekdays. Stupid distributors. 

1. Attack of the Clones - Thursday
  2. The Matrix Reloaded - Thursday
  3. The Return of the King - Wednesday
  4. Shrek 2 - Wednesday
  5. Spider-Man 2 - Wednesday
  6. The Passion of the Christ - Wednesday
  7. Revenge of the Sith - Thursday
  • Like 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

I'm sure Detective Pikachu will launch a major Pokemon franchise and one of those movies will break the record.

I umm don't have confidence Detective Pikachu itself will do over $350 million OW. But it's opening will be more impressive in my eyes since no IMAX, no premium seats. So Pokemon still wins, as it must!

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, CloneWars said:

No. It's going to last a decade.

Nah. It's never going to be broken. Unless the industry change rules that movies can only be shown in the first four weeks at theaters or something. I just don't see another movie coming close to the actual of this monster humongous weekend. But hey, that's just my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

How can the record be safe when Detective Pikachu opens in 10 days? 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Have you watched the list I posted earlier with the history of OW records ?

Can't you see the giant gap between IW and Endgame, such a huge gape between two OW records has never happened.

There is always a first for everything. Who thought 300m was happening let alone 350m.