Eric Burnett

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

If it's even close to 400, Disney will go with that number for headlines - if actuals come out 5-10 million under, who the fuck even cares?

God, I want that so much at this point.

At this point it is mind-blowing what's happening anyway, so, 340-370... it's just insane, all of it. So, let's just go off the charts and do 400! Let CM have an 80% drop on Sunday, give all the money to  EG! :D 

Game of thrones is on a premium TV channel, so its instant effect is not huge, and its on late on a Sunday. Its global audience though is likely going to be higher than Endgames, dont doubt that. The first episode of season 8 alone was pirated 55million times, this next episode is going to easily smash that and its legal audience is well over 100 million.

• Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

:hahaha:

Also, the overlaying words are getting confusing. But that's what makes it cool.

It's 1AM NZT, good a time as any for a trip down memory lane:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

Dare I say.... All this thing needs to do is follow Jurassic World's drops from it's Friday to hit $400 million OW

$157 million Friday (with higher figures)

$133.45 million Saturday (-15%)

$109.56 million Sunday (-17.9%)

$400,010,000 Opening Weekend! 

However....I think it will be more of the reverse with a slightly bigger drop Saturday and a killer hold on Sunday. So using the $159 million figure, it could go like this.

$159 million Fri

$128.5 million Sat (-19.2%) (+29.8%)

$112.5 million Sun (-12.4%)

$400 million OW

How is this even possible? Like what are we living in that nearly every theatre is sold out around the country and nearly the world.

I wonder what the absolute maximum for a film is.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm starting to think the only thing that might keep this from 1 billion domestic(if it does 350-370 OW) is Game of Thrones every Sunday.  Tomorrow is the big battle for Winterfell against the Night King and I'm a betting a number of big characters are gonna die so fuckloads of people are gonna be tuning in.

If GOT were to have an effect, it would be this Sunday's episode, but the momentum for EG is far too big - especially with all the options to see GoT, people will prioritize EG over GOT. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

He is Shahrukh Khan aka SRK... King of Bollywood 😎

Ranking Time:

1. Main Hoon Na

2. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

3. Kal Ho Na Ho

4. Om Shanti Om

5. Mohabbatein

He's the star of my top 5 Bollywood movies. 😎

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think July can handle more than one $1B-movie.

Obviously, TLK will be the bigger hit but that’s not gonna stop Spidey too much.

July 2011 handled both Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II just 2 weeks apart from each other. That was 2011. July 2019 will be fine.  

Just now, reddevil19 said:

If GOT were to have an effect, it would be this Sunday's episode, but the momentum for EG is far too big - especially with all the options to see GoT, people will prioritize EG over GOT. 

Watchable copies of Endgame are already on torrent sites. I seriously doubt endgame will affect GoT because GoT fans are at least a rabid, and its on late on Sunday, so most Endgame business will be over then anyway, If anything GoT will have a slight front loading effect on Endgame, pushing people into Friday and Saturday viewings.

1 minute ago, artifexlife said:

How is this even possible? Like what are we living in that nearly every theatre is sold out around the country and nearly the world.

I wonder what the absolute maximum for a film is.  

TBH I have no idea how it would even be possible. I'm still reasonably expecting $350-360 million until I get reliable Saturday numbers that may change my mind. It's just this movie has been throwing SO many curveballs with its box office performance. I don't really know what to expect anymore.

5 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Game of thrones is on a premium TV channel, so its instant effect is not huge, and its on late on a Sunday. Its global audience though is likely going to be higher than Endgames, dont doubt that. The first episode of season 8 alone was pirated 55million times, this next episode is going to easily smash that and its legal audience is well over 100 million.

Endgame is higher than that in just 5 days with a much higher barrier to entry with the necessary purchase of a ticket.