Eric the Ape

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

44 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Umm, is that a spoiler? 

I haven't seen Endgame yet lol

No it's not a spoiler. We know there is another Spider-Man coming out in a couple of months so take that for what it is.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am genuinely worried about the early estimate because the number that will give, I don't know if is even possible.

Just give it anyway. On the moderator WhatsApp chat we were originally saying that when you release the Friday number so early we thought you were jumping the gun. But it turned out to be right so might as well go ahead and release center early Saturday number. 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

13 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Oh, I definitely think they're both doing - or CAN do - 1 billion. I just meant that I can see FFH doing Ultron numbers if it weren't for TLK potentially hitting its late legs a bit.

or not. hsazam didn't hurt CM. granted TLK is going to be much bigger but it could coexist with FFH rather than cut it. They don't crsossover 100%. 

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just give it anyway. On the moderator WhatsApp chat we were originally saying that when you release the Friday number so early we thought you were jumping the gun. But it turned out to be right so might as well go ahead and release center early Saturday number. 😝

The pre-sales for Saturday suggest 125mn.

:apocalypse::winomg::hahaha:

I don't know/think its even possible. Will like to wait till 12AM EST or even later to give any number.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 16
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 4

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The pre-sales for Saturday suggest 125mn. I don't know/think its even possible. Will like to wait till 12AM EST or even later to give any number.

You’re gonna make people disappointed with a 105-110m Saturday now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Dare I say.... All this thing needs to do is follow Jurassic World's drops from it's Friday to hit $400 million OW

$157 million Friday (with higher figures)

$133.45 million Saturday (-15%)

$109.56 million Sunday (-17.9%)

$400,010,000 Opening Weekend! 

However....I think it will be more of the reverse with a slightly bigger drop Saturday and a killer hold on Sunday. So using the $159 million figure, it could go like this.

$159 million Fri

$128.5 million Sat (-19.2%) (+29.8%)

$112.5 million Sun (-12.4%)

$400 million OW

Edited by Arlo245

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Could it truly do near or over $100M+ Saturday after this true Friday?

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I slightly prefer IW too but I've seen IW more times so it isn't fair for me to pass the judgement yet. However, preferring one to the other does not create toxic or even mediocre WOM. remember when CM came out and quite a few BOT people were unsure of WOM cause they found the movie mediocre. but that's the thing. unless the movie's so bad that people cannot recommend it, anything from  " if you like Marvel, you'll like this" and "it was OK" to "OMG get you ass to the theater now" is going to put butts in seats. and EG WOm is definitely better than CM's and CM developed really strong legs later in its run. 

@JohnnyGossamer -> These numbers are effing crazy. I am not sure I can believe them. If they are true, then WOM must be really good. I think that was your point. Right? 

@Valonqar I don't think that "it was OK" or anything in that vein can keep this monstrous momentous going. It will need some great WOM in order to break the records everyone is referring to on this thread. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The pre-sales for Saturday suggest 125mn.

:apocalypse::winomg::hahaha:

I don't know/think its even possible. Will like to wait till 12AM EST or even later to give any number.

(Does not compute)

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

@JohnnyGossamer -> These numbers are effing crazy. I am not sure I can believe them. If they are true, then WOM must be really good. I think that was your point. Right? 

@Valonqar I don't think that "it was OK" or anything in that vein can keep this monstrous momentous going. It will need some great WOM in order to break the records everyone is referring to on this thread. 

Inception was B+ on Cinemascore and was a boxoffice monster. Once a movie crosses into "must see so I can participate in a conversation" territory, it doesn't matter if it's OK or best movie ever (and EG WOM atm is closer to the latter). Insane events draw audience that rarely goes to cinema, just because they want to see what the hype is all about so they can live to tell. it goes beyond great/good/bad. it's like a tidal wave that no one escapes, not even those who weren't into these movies. this is how Furious 7 made all that money. people who didn't care for the franchise showed up.

• Like 2

$800 million should be the ABSOLUTE floor for this movie domestically. Middle $800's looks more likely. The projections went up $100-$150 million just in one day.

It represents what most people thought was nearly impossible: a 25% (ish) increase from IW.

That is in line with the increases for:

ESB to ROTJ

AOTC to ROTS

IM2 to IM3

Potter DH1 to Potter DH2

As a SW fan first and foremost, this means that if TROS is well received, it could see something close to a 25% increase from TLJ.