Eric Loves Rey

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

They should use some of the ridiculous money they’re making from this one movie and buy themselves out of that Marvel/Universal Orlando contract. 

It’s gone on long enough. Hell, I love Amazing Spider-Man and Hulk rides but they can retheme those into another land based on a huge franchise.  

They can’t really add anything to the land due to the deal, but WDW can’t do anything either. It’s really annoying. 

They have to use the profits from the movie to help recover some of what they spent to acquire Fox

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

With how Endgame might perform through May....what will it mean for Spider-Man: Far From Home’s box office? Could that be the first ever stand-alone SM-movie to hit over $1B+ WW?

Easily at this point. Considering how Homecoming did and the usual Avengers boosts - this will be IM3 on steroids, I think. I'm tempted to go Far From Home > Ultron, tbh.

Only thing slightly keeping me back is TLK...

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Are you dividing the OS total by the WW opening including the domestic opening? 

If so, that's where you're going wrong. You're counting the domestic opening as part of the opening without including the domestic total as part of the total. 

Oh shit, forgot about the DOM opening. Thanks for reminding me to remove that too. Yeah it's 2.79 as Jat said.

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Easily at this point. Considering how Homecoming did and the usual Avengers boosts - this will be IM3 on steroids, I think. I'm tempted to go Far From Home > Ultron, tbh.

Sony could not be any luckier than to have the first MCU film after EG be their movie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

I think July can handle more than one $1B-movie.

Obviously, TLK will be the bigger hit but that’s not gonna stop Spidey too much.

I'm already up after like 4 hours of sleep and have to go to my theater and serve so many sold out theaters. At least I don't double cause IDK if I can handle that many sold out shows 😂 I'm thinking $110-125 million (Yes $125 fucking million) today 

Edited by Arlo245
  • Astonished 2

13 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

With how Endgame might perform through May....what will it mean for Spider-Man: Far From Home’s box office? Could that be the first ever stand-alone SM-movie to hit over $1B+ WW?

I think that FFH is locked for over 1B based on reactions to the trailer and viewing count of 130M in 24 hours. I had no idea it was that well viewed.

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Arlo245 said:

I'm already uo after like 4 hours of sleep and have to go to my theater and serve so many sold out theaters. At least I don't double cause IDK if I can handle that many sold out shows 😂 I'm thinking $110 million today 

Me not native English speaking, am not sure what you tell here:

do you work at a cinema and have to go in after ~ 4h of sleep?

37 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Anyone here is on notice that Sunday is the realease of the best episode of GOT.

Maybe hurt those 80-85M feelings for EG.

Just saying 

Thanks for the notice.

My feelings are now hurt. 

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that FFH is locked for over 1B based on reactions to the trailer and viewing count of 130M in 24 hours. I had no idea it was that well viewed.

Oh, I definitely think they're both doing - or CAN do - 1 billion. I just meant that I can see FFH doing Ultron numbers if it weren't for TLK potentially hitting its late legs a bit.