Eric Lasagna

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

15 minutes ago, justvision said:

"has earnd $299.0M in 4 days " - damn, it was so close to break USD300M in 4 days. If only the exchange rate were 0.35% better....

It still has a chance. It is 6m yuan away from 300m USD. It did 3m yuan in the last half hour. And there is still 1.5 hours left for the day to end in China. Its gonna be a photo finish

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wait it did 153 or 157 Friday,

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

159 I thought?? 

159 according to Charlie and 157.5 according to Deadline’s morning update. That 153m number is from last night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Facebook notification said it was exactly 7 years ago today that I went to see Avengers 1. And tonight is Endgame. 

Full circle! 

TA still has my record viewing for a Hollywood film 7 in one week 10 total

Intouchables is first 7 in one week 11 total :)

In theater i mean.

• Like 1

Just now, Shawn said:

Me staring at my inbox, waiting for Disney's official Friday estimate.

tenor.gif

Lol rth seemed shocked by these numbers.

As box office experts...are these number shocking the industry?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justvision said:

I am one of those "plenty of people who agree with that, even if it is the minority".  As the hype settles, and the emotion calms down, more people will see things objectively. The post you responded to was certainly unnecessarily emotional charged ("insane"), but nothing compared to 10 years ago when any slight doubt on Nolan's movies would draw the most vehement responses from Nolanites.

I'm not a fan personally of nonstop action with no significance and horrible unresolved endings. I've watched IW half a dozen times. Last time I didn't even finish it. 

It's all just based on opinions and feelings. Both are totally different movies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonenash said:

TA still has my record viewing for a Hollywood film 7 in one week 10 total

Intouchables is first 7 in one week 11 total :)

In theater i mean.

7 in one week!! That’s a lot! 

My record is 5 I think lol

The only time I’ve ever seen the same film in cinemas twice in the same day, was Scream 4 :) 9am and 7pm 

2 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

$153 is coming from Gitesh, don’t see it anywhere else. How is it official?

Deadline’s morning update is $157.5 while Charlie saying $159...

It's not official, even gitesh mentioned that in his post!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol rth seemed shocked by these numbers.

As box office experts...are these number shocking the industry?

“The entire industry is in a complete state of shock”

This was Deadline in their 4th update when the weekend was looking at just 315-330. I think the industry is catatonic at this point

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

This really does make the other large opening weekends (IW/TFA/JW/TLJ) look sort of disappointing retrospectively (not that they are). 

All that talk about TFA and IW approaching a cap on an OW...and then the floodgates open like this 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 5