Eric Furiosa

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

This is a perfect example as to why I personally think the weekend record will never be broken ever. Just look how far ahead that line is for Endgame. Actuals will put it even farther away. Look the comparisons in the other movies when it out grossed the other movie question. A tiny increase, nothing out of this world.  With Endgame is just mind boggling.

My God In Heaven.

You know that graph is ordered by gross, right? Not release?

"A tiny increase" - Avengers and Force Awakens both had a 40M increase on the existing record.

• Like 1

Look, I don't love Disney as a whole, nor do I love their current "let's just make duplicative live action from our animated hits" concept...

BUT, what they've done for supers and with Marvel is extraordinary...they didn't just "regurgitate" hits to make this spectacular "endgame" possible.  They built worlds from the ground up, only using the material from comic books, and letting the actors, writers, directors, producers, etc bring those sometimes dated colored pages to life in our modern times.

It's practically the Disney concept at its root - make magic come alive.

So, for this movie, and Marvel, it's been Disney at its best (even when it has the occasional misfires) - and I'm gonna applaud Disney at its best and hope for more.

TL,DR - This record should be celebrated, and I'm so excited their crowning achievement pulled this off...now, I want Oscars, too:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The moment you realize that End Game needs less than a 3x off of its WW OW to take down the biggest movie of all time world wide. 

Gone With the Wind is currently shaking in its boots. 

The moment you realize that when actuals come in, EG will likely only need a little more than a 3x DOM to take down Titanic’s first run ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION.

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

This is a perfect example as to why I personally think the weekend record will never be broken ever. Just look how far ahead that line is for Endgame. Actuals will put it even farther away. Look the comparisons in the other movies when it out grossed the other movie question. A tiny increase, nothing out of this world.  With Endgame is just mind boggling.

My God In Heaven.

Return of the Jedi absolutely demolished the opening weekend record and if I'm not mistaken it's percentage was greater than end games to Infinity war. The weeknd records will always fall eventually. I think it's going to be at least a decade before it does fall but it will fall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Look, I don't love Disney as a whole, nor do I love their current "let's just make duplicative live action from our animated hits" concept...

BUT, what they've done for supers and with Marvel is extraordinary...they didn't just "regurgitate" hits to make this spectacular "endgame" possible.  They built worlds from the ground up, only using the material from comic books, and letting the actors, writers, directors, producers, etc bring those sometimes dated colored pages to life in our modern times.

So, for this movie, and Marvel, it's been Disney at its best (even when it has the occasional misfires) - and I'm gonna applaud Disney at its best and hope for more.

TL,DR - This record should be celebrated, and I'm so excited their crowning achievement pulled this off...now, I want Oscars, too:)...

I'm on my phone so all I can do at this point is say insert a million clapping gifs right here.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

You know that graph is ordered by gross, right? Not release?

"A tiny increase" - Avengers and Force Awakens both had a 40M increase on the existing record.

And Endgame will have $100+ million on its own. You do the math.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

they kind of did regurgitate hits...

They took the successful formula of Iron Man and applied it to every character they chose.

That's why I like Endgame so much. Its the first thing to come out of the MCU that feels like an actual film and not a factory production line product.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

I agree its very flat in terms of colour and contrast, but that doesnt make it a TV movie.

Well no but it still looks like one. Also the story is very bad and basic. No character motivations, nothing suspenseful. It's just a bad movie in general. 

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Exactly! Disney wanted to project that sweet round total! They know actuals will go up considerably, but that $350,000,000 is also a perfect estimate to boast with!

• Like 1

I mean idc about Disney but can we be happy for Marvel Studios? They started as an independent studio with zero of their A-list characters available to them and a $500 million loan on the line. Now 10 years later, they've built this. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3

Just now, Krissykins said:

No need to exclude China all of a sudden. It’s the films second biggest market. 

2.3x this worldwide launch is doable  

i think they're saying it because of China's frontloadedness.

For that matter, let's exclude any market which might not have such great legs - that way, Endgame will have amazing legs!

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

aLmfao at EG only needing like a 2.3x multi off the worldwide opening to take down Avatar. 

Didn't Infinity War only got 2.38X or so off of it's global opening (+ China and Russia opening), let's not pretend 2.3 is some absurdly low multiplier for this level of global opening, this is unprecedented, we're witnessing something we don't necessarily have a good comparison to. Even if it falls just a bit below that Infinity War multiplier, passing Avatar could in be trouble.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1