Eric is Anxious

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

I don’t even know how anyone is even comparing GOT to Endgame anymore. How many tickets to endgame have been bought for this globally since its open? 150 million? That’s people going out of their way to spend a shit ton of money in tickets and concessions for a 3 hour movie. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The pre-sales for Saturday suggest 125mn.

:apocalypse::winomg::hahaha:

I don't know/think its even possible. Will like to wait till 12AM EST or even later to give any number.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19
  • Astonished 6
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I don't think my gif can handle many more updates. It's starting to get choppy with all the reuploads.

:hahaha:

Also, the overlaying words are getting confusing. But that's what makes it cool.

9 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The Best Man Holiday

Patriots Day

Why Did I Get Married?

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Granted, most of these movies opened with far less than Endgame (barring Harry Potter of course, which almost broke the OW record at the time).  But saying that no movie with an A+ has gone under a 3x just isn't true lol

Also this year's Unplanned. Yup, that got an A+ too and fell below 3x (though it stands at 2.75x)

Well, let's give Endgame the same OD-to-OW multiplier as The Force Awakens (2.08x) and call it a 326.6M opening. Which is obviously conservative as EG as already shown stronger staying power than TFA (60 to 157 being a 2.62x preview-to-OD multiplier, against TFA's 2.09x from 57 to 119.1), but whatever, we're gonna lowball the shit out of it here.

Should it follow....

1. Chamber Of Secrets' multiplier (2.96x): 966.7M
  2. Unplanned's multiplier (2.75x): 898.2M
  3. Patriots Day's wide opening multiplier (2.67x): 872M
  4. Why Did I Get Married's multiplier (2.58x): 842.6M
  5. The Best Man Holiday's multiplier (2.34x): 764.2M
  6. Diary Of A Mad Black Woman's multiplier (2.31x😞 754.4M

With this lowball OW case scenario, a Madea franchise multiplier (even if one of the better ones.... 4th best actually, behind Madea Christmas, Madea Halloween and Family Funeral) is the only way it goes under Avatar DOM, albeit only the Potter case gives it the DOM record over TFA on the other hand. From the MCU, the only multiplier that falls below that 2.31x mark is Civil War's 2.28x multiplier, and that would give Endgame 744.6M from that 326.6 opening. Black Panther is the highest MCU multiplier at 3.467x, and that one is ranked in the A+ superhero films chart below.

Continuing with the 326.6 case scenario, for an extra touch of even higher frontloadedness, following Deathly Hallows: Part 2's 2.25x would give it 734.9M, and that's probably about as low as it can go. So, the floor is comfortably ahead of Black Panther for #3 DOM all-time, though still 30M below Avatar.

Now, if it follows other A+ superhero films:

1. The Incredibles' multiplier (3.71x): 1.211.7B
  2. Black Panther's multiplier (3.467x): 1.132.3B
  3. Incredibles 2's multiplier (3.33x): 1.087.6B
  4. The Avengers' multiplier (3.005x): 981.4M

Take note: all of this with a lowballed OW. It's probably gonna be a lot higher than just 326.6. In another words, even in the absolute worst case scenario, Endgame becomes #3 in the DOM list and enters the top 25 adjusted. In the best case scenario with this lowballed opening, it destroys TFA unadjusted and hits #6 in the adjusted list.... albeit that is an optimistic expectation even with a gigantic OW.

EDIT: Holy shit at @Charlie Jatinder's new update. 400 fucking million OW on the table here, as Gawd is my witness.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4

I'm starting to think the only thing that might keep this from 1 billion domestic(if it does 350-370 OW) is Game of Thrones every Sunday.  Tomorrow is the big battle for Winterfell against the Night King and I'm a betting a number of big characters are gonna die so fuckloads of people are gonna be tuning in.

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I don’t even know how anyone is even comparing GOT to Endgame anymore. How many tickets to endgame have been bought for this globally since its open? 150 million? That’s people going out of their way to spend a shit ton of money in tickets and concessions for a 3 hour movie. 

In fact I don’t GOT is having an effect at all for box office

3 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I always thought Amir Khan was the king of Bollywood 

Box office wise it's

1.Salman Khan 

2. Amir Khan

3.Shahrukh Khan

The reason we call SRK as King Khan is different

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Don't @ me if its just "110". Just forget 125. 

Nope, you’re gonna have to take responsibility.

I’ll make sure to @ you and let you know.

• Sad 1