sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

Because everyone saw the 7.5m number and all of the pika fans were hoping for crumbling end game and sky rocketing Pika.

If it's 18, 70 is easy. 29 is a 61.1% increase and 23 is a 20.7% drop. Definitely doable with an expected soft Sunday

Edited by cdsacken

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I ain't kidding here, either.  Especially The Sword and the Stone one. :ph34r:

I wouldn't mind them using a Sword in the Stone remake as an excuse to do a more faithful Once and Future King adaptation though.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I wouldn't mind them doing a Sword in the Stone remake as an excuse to do a more faithful Once and Future King adaptation though.

I mean for theaters, sure.  But if you're gonna do a live action adaptation of the cartoon from the 60s and not keep the off-beat humor, what's the point?

Now if you want a more straight forward adaptation, okay. I'd look forward to that as well.    But that wasn't exactly what I was thinking about.

Yes, I can have weird tastes times.  GUILTY AS CHARGED. :lol:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I got to admit, a very very weird side of me wants to see the "live action" versions of Robin Hood and/or The Sword in the Stone.

They'd certainly have to go to Disney+, but dammit, I think they could be gold.

I ain't kidding here, either.  Especially The Sword and the Stone one. :ph34r:

One of my dreams is to see somebody do a miniseries based on T. H. White's "The Once And Future King", of which "The Sword And The Stone" is the first part. 

It was published as "The Sword And The Stone", and it's sucess conviced White to write continue his take on the King Arthur legend to the end, and it was published as "The Once And Future King" incorporating "Stone" as the first Third.

"Once and Future King" was sold to Alan Jay Lerner for a stage musical, and "Camelot" resulted. It, of course became one of the classic musicals. Disney saw the show, and was impressed with Julie Andrews as Guinvere, and it put her on his radar as somebody he could use in a movie. He also made a deal with Lerner to use the first third of the novel..which was only refeered to in the stage play as a animated movie, and lo, the Sword and the Stone resulted.

A non musical version of the story covering the whole novel would make a great miniseries.

* see while I was writing this someone beat me ot it with the idea of Once and Future King being done as a miniseries.

You don't need to worry about the offbeat humor;that was taken dreictly from the novel.

The first half of the novel is full of offbeat humor, but the second half turns dark with the Lancelot Guinevere love affair an it's tragic consequeces domidnating. But the wacky  humor is very much a vital part of the first half of the novel, In fact, the humor is wackier and more offbeat then anything in the film "Sword And Stone".

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Also no big blockbusters outside of Eternals and if Godzilla KOTM is loved, they can use it to build up hype.

While we are at WB should put Scoob the second weekend of May, more time for legs, Spongebob will die anyways and I doubt Black Widow does more than say TWS numbers. 

I think Scoob on the second weekend of May would establish that slot for WB as the family fare slot. They seem to eyeing May for family films with DC Super Pets the year after. After TLM2, they really need Scoob to be a hit.

10 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Got thread banned for posting a spoiler in detective pikachu thread lmao. I don’t even mind. I was getting too worked in there. Need a break 

When numbers come in for Friday ?

You could not live with your own failure

What did it lead you to....

Back to us...

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Got thread banned for posting a spoiler in detective pikachu thread lmao. I don’t even mind. I was getting too worked in there. Need a break 

@RtheEnd might have something in 2 hours.

I didn't look locally at Endgame for matinees, but I can say that they are still selling out or virtually selling out every prime time showing and now most of the 10pm or later ones...even being on 3+ screens...

It's the kind of performance that should mean Deadline isn't far off for Endgame...I mean, with 4600 theaters and a $10/ticket average, you only need to sell 391 seats/theater to get $18M...

Did I mention having 4600 theaters in week 3, almost all still running the movie on 2+ screens, is very good for a hold number?:)  (18,000,000/(4600*$10)) = 391ish

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I am skeptical.

I’ve heard about Dragon Empire, rumors say it’s supposed to be something kind of in the vein of How to Train Your Dragon (only in the sense of dragons being real) but in some sort of Asian setting? I think Jamie Chung is doing a voice.

Edited by TServo2049

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

It seems like nitpicking to me. She is sitting next to one of the funniest dudes in the world and she is about to have her breakout released. Give her a break.

1 hour ago, Ryaner90 said:

Are you? Nitpicking to the extreme here....

She actually said "tru dat" during Will's story and was giving us some background noise for no apparent reason. 

32 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Did you intentionally post them?