Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

34 minutes ago, Eric Wick said:

And they didn't drop the poster/trailer for this before John Wick, because...?

John Wick 4 is rated R and the audience so far is 69 percent male? Maybe they want to pair the Hunger Games spinoff prequel trailer with something slightly younger/more female skewing.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

John Wick 4 is rated R and the audience so far is 69 percent male? Maybe they want to pair the Hunger Games spinoff prequel trailer with something slightly younger/more female skewing.

Maybe The Little Mermaid

7 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

this book is meh tbh, bomb written over it.

I would argue the first Hunger Games book was worse than meh and yet they made a blockbuster out of it. People are sleeping on this movie and way overestimating Dune 2. If this movie is going to be a bomb then I am terrified of what Dune 2 is going to be. Cause Dune 2's probably going to gross less while costing WAY more.

Edited by scytheavatar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

I would argue the first Hunger Games book was worse than meh and yet they made a blockbuster out of it. 

The first book had the incredible concept of children fighting each other to death for entertainment that was novel in 2012 for most of the world who weren't familiar with Battle Royale. You needed to have been there to experience the hype even months before the movie release.

The late 00s/early 10s were also a very different time when the YA/teen girl influence on the BO was at an all time high before the deluge of OTT platforms and the varied YA content that they offered became serious competition for YA theatrical films.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

The first Hunger Games is better than the book and the best movie in the series. Gary Ross did some really cool stuff there. Lawrence's workman approach worked grand for Catching Fire, where the source material was stronger, but it was really exposed for both Mockingjay movies.

• Astonished 1

The poster is getting a lot of traction online, more than I was expecting tbh. The Hunger Games in general is also seeing a bit of a resurgence in pop culture/Tik Tok crowd. I had initially had this as a MAJOR bomb (25/65 kind of run). And while I don’t think it’ll reach anywhere near the heights of the last films, I could see a Fantastic Beasts sequel drop from Deathly Hallows 2 comparing this to Mockingjay 2.

Which would be about 65/175 run.

• Like 2

Release of the poster might mean teaser trailer in time for Dungeons & Dragons since they have enough audience crossover, but I'm guessing they'll wait until the next big title for its mostly female target audience (The Little Mermaid, in this case) for maximum exposure.

Catching Fire is the best in the series, but I think MJ2 is quite underrated. Aside from the Peeta stuff which was meh, it was an unusually grim blockbuster and there were a lot of highs. 

CF > MJ2 > THG > MJ1

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Catching Fire is the best in the series, but I think MJ2 is quite underrated. Aside from the Peeta stuff which was meh, it was an unusually grim blockbuster and there were a lot of highs. 

CF > MJ2 > THG > MJ1

Agree. CF is undoubtely the best of the saga. It's also the best book