Eric Furiosa

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

On 7/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Ryaner90 said:

No its people not learning from Homecoming, the drops will keep coming this week and more people will see what im saying .

Earlier I said this will struggle for a 170 six day now im saying it will struggle for a 150 six day

Assuming your thread ban is over, would you like to apologize for being so flagrantly wrong?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

KoTM 0.29 (that's for you @a2k)

21% Sat bump from 0.24

0.24 + 0.29 + 0.22 = 0.75 FSS (-65%)

108.25 cume, 109-109.5 total

• Like 1

To whomever slammed a Batman movie for being written by Ben Affleck ...he's a two time Oscar winner and one of them was for writing. He's also been nominated a second time for Argo. 

Yep. Horrible writer. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I found the direction to be anything  but sublime. A lot of it was melodramatic (fr the cloying score to the random slow-mo) and most of the symbolism were really just homages to better movies made by better directors. If you want a movie where the director is able to tell an anti-war story in a sublime manner, watch the film that released a week after War.

Watch Let Me In and watch Let the Right One In. You can see a huge difference between both films in terms of quality.

Let Me In is 10x better than LTROI. End of discussion.

• Like 1

People claiming DC have turned it around, come on they have made 1 good movie since TDK and that’s Shazam. They were close with WW and Man of Steel, but those are only 2/3 of a good movie. Credit to them though as their movies still manage to make a boatload of cash. And Joker, WW84 because of Jenkins and Batman with Reeves are all movies i’m excited to see. As long as I don’t have to sit through another Aquaman or SS i’m happy.

This discussion started when I mentioned that it's hard to rebuild a brand. Bats and Spidey were and maybe still are biggest SH merchandise wise. Some poorly received movies hurt their brands. Spidey is very much in his way back. I have faith Bats will be too soon enough. I like both... A lot. No hate for either here. 

Concept for The Batman seems like a good place to start. Hope cues are taken from the animated series.

Quality Saturday numbers all around.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Talking about DC since MOS/BVS, the trench scene in AQM was one of the most arresting few minutes in the last decade of CBMs. That movie had such an array of visual diversity and some of it could have gone wrong with an over-infusion of colour and camp. Wan balanced it all well. The movie was nothing great, but a guilt-free romp tailor made for the big screen.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, FlitcherBooks said:

Let Me In is 10x better than LTROI. End of discussion.

Lol. First of all it completely changes the dynamic of the two main characters and makes it much more generic. In the original and the book, Oskar is a straight up psychopath and Eli is innocent (but kills for survival) while in the English adaptation, Owen is just a normal kid and Abby is just an evil vampire. Also of course the English version never mentions Eli/Abby's sexuality and gender identity. Everything interesting about the characters are taken away to give the audiences something easier to watch. And instead of taking the beautiful coming of age approach to the story that's extremely unique, it took the dumbed down horror approach made to please American audiences. 

And then there is terrible way of storytelling where everything is forced at you instead of letting you think, the awful CGI, and the terrible cop subplot that adds nothing to the story.

Best comparison I can come up with is the Oldboy remake. The original is thoughtful and unique film while the remake is a dumbed down film that removes everything that made the original a masterpiece because the directors think the audience is filled with idiots.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sindreee said:

People claiming DC have turned it around, come on they have made 1 good movie since TDK and that’s Shazam. They were close with WW and Man of Steel, but those are only 2/3 of a good movie. Credit to them though as their movies still manage to make a boatload of cash. And Joker, WW84 because of Jenkins and Batman with Reeves are all movies i’m excited to see. As long as I don’t have to sit through another Aquaman or SS i’m happy.

Comparing Aquaman to SS is blasphemy.

Also I think WW is better than Shazam. Even the third act is better than most people say it is (people who say WW should not have had Ares be real are misunderstanding the point of the whole movie and ending it with Steve's speech on humanity would have been a betrayal to the film's main message).

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, a2k said:

Talking about DC since MOS/BVS, the trench scene in AQM was one of the most arresting few minutes in the last decade of CBMs. That movie had such an array of visual diversity and some of it could have gone wrong with an over-infusion of colour and camp. Wan balanced it all well. The movie was nothing great, but a guilt-free romp tailor made for the big screen.

Still mind boggling it's the highest grossing solo superhero film OS but watching the spectacle you get why. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

Aquaman was a great spectacle. Gorgeous on the biggest screen. Wan did well. Enormous hit at the box office too. Thinking it'll remain DCs biggest global box office player for a little while. Sequel can and likely will increase DOM and OS if Wan keeps up the good work.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Still mind boggling it's the highest grossing solo superhero film OS but watching the spectacle you get why. 

Watching Aquaman in a huge imax 3D theatre was probably one of my best theatre experiences in the last 5 years or so, I completely understand why it had the run it had. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Watching Aquaman in a huge imax 3D theatre was probably one of my best theatre experiences in the last 5 years or so, I completely understand why it had the run it had. 

THIS..

the same here bro. I would say perhaps the best cinema experience I have ever had and it was visually amazing

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1