Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Is Midsommar like The Green Inferno? If so I’m gonna pass, I hated that movie. 

Havent seent TGI. Midsommar can be compared to Wicker Man just more freaky and grotesque. I really did not like it at all. It was a complete mess.

2 hours ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

is it scary?

It's unsettling.  Scary is subjective.  For me, right from the first five minutes, the movie gave me a sense of dread.  You know bad shit is going to happen, so that gets your guard up.  I wouldn't say it was Halloween or JAWS scary, but it was kind of Angel Heart unsettling.  

1 hour ago, Davidwested said:

Nah its more vile and grotesque. Annabelle Comes Home is way scarier. I would not even call Midsommar a horror movie.

There's nothing subjective about calling this a Midsommar a horror movie.  It is 100% unequivocally a horror movie.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's unsettling.  Scary is subjective.  For me, right from the first five minutes, the movie gave me a sense of dread.  You know bad shit is going to happen, so that gets your guard up.  I wouldn't say it was Halloween or JAWS scary, but it was kind of Angel Heart unsettling.  

Angel Heart... Classic.

• Like 1

What kind of legs do you guys expect? It has to be at least 2x the 6-day, though I am hoping for more like 2.2x legs because of great word of mouth. Probably making at least $370 million, ceiling maybe Captain Marvel or Age of Ultron numbers. Though the latter would require incredible (spectacular) legs.

Edited by Doctor Stark

3 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

What kind of legs do you guys expect? It has to be at least 2x the 6-day, though I am hoping for more like 2.2x legs because of great word of mouth. Probably making at least $370 million, ceiling maybe Captain Marvel or Age of Ultron numbers. Though the latter would require incredible (spectacular) legs.

2.05x or 2.10x looks realistic 

if movie does $50 M in 2nd weekend ... than chances of $390 M + ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I think it should get at least 2.1x, optimistically I think it can get just over 400M if WOM is as good as Homecoming, it's just hard to predict since this is the first Tuesday opener for an MCU, but I think it can do it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Harley said:

I’m not saying the box office was bad at all this weekend but Stranger Things appealed to me much more than any of the other horror offerings this weekend. 

Also more than Spidey?

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am 81.2% sure this is another Avatar of shiv.

Lol it 100% is. This account felt fishy to me and like an alt of someone’s from the very start. And Shivampa is from India just like this person claims to be...

14 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Lol it 100% is. This account felt fishy to me and like an alt of someone’s from the very start. And Shivampa is from India just like this person claims to be...

Looks like he found a way again. Lol