Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Spider-Man: Far From Home - AMC Ontario Mills 30 (Sunday)

Dolby Cinema

9:00 AM - 104/203

12:30 PM - 104/203

4:00 PM - 97/203

7:30 PM - 100/203

11:00 PM - 12/203

3D Dine-In

11:00 AM - 26/63

12:00 PM - 18/78

2:30 PM - 20/63

3:30 PM - 13/78

6:00 PM - 17/63

7:00 PM - 8/78

9:30 PM - 2/63

RealD 3D

8:30 PM - 9/114

2D Dine-In

10:30 PM - 13/78

2D Spanish-Subtitled

2:00 PM - 4/114

5:30 PM - 5/114

2D

9:00 AM - 24/45

9:15 AM - 23/44

9:30 AM - 115/217

9:45 AM - 30/55

10:30 AM - 88/114

11:30 AM - 127/167

1:00 PM - 86/217

3:00 PM - 61/167

4:30 PM - 24/217

4:45 PM - 0/44

6:30 PM - 70/167

8:00 PM - 23/217

9:00 PM - 0/114

10:00 PM - 0/167

Total

1223/3656 (33.5%)

-17.7% from yesterday at the same point in time

looks good ...

• Like 1

Guessing the California earthquakes might have chipped off Far From Home's Saturday gross and may affect today's gross too. Praying for the safety of the people of Southern California and for the aftershocks to come to an end soon 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wasn't Sony's estimate 27? Even if it drops it won't be by very much.

Oh yeah, not by much. Sony’s estimate was pretty realistic, maybe a couple % points optimistic for Sun. Just wanted to emphasize for people who might be thinking “MCU movies always increase from estimates, it’ll actually be 94-95” that increasing from (deliberately lowballed) estimates is a Disney thing and won’t apply to FFH.

Aquaman is an intensely stupid movie, with what should have been wondrous world-building moments,  undercut by said stupidity.  But it's still engaging, as well as fun and beautiful.  I don't know how Wan managed that, but he did.  And Momoa strutting around in the traditional Aquaman duds is worth the price of admission alone. Numbers!

Aquaman and "stupidity" is a very questionable statement.

Aquaman had about 8 principal characters and every one of them had a clear, linear set of objectives that made sense based off of their given circumstances. Whether you like the characters or not those objectives were consistent and the characters pursued them in a logical fashion.

The world was consistent within itself and defined with its own set of rules that were adhered to by Wan.

Given that, while I can see that you can fling accusations of atonality at it, there was nothing illogical or 'stupid' about it, unless you simply declare that the world it presented was inherently stupid which, in a movie landscape full of fantasy, sci-fi and superheroes, seems a little tenuous.

There was nothing in Aquaman as inherently stupid as, for instance, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom's lazer-gun dinosaur plot, antagonist lack of motive and shoehorned child cloning. There wasn't even anything as inherently stupid as The Dark Knight's Chaotic Evil Joker who doesn't have a plan being simultaeously the world's greatest and most organised beurocrat who has lots of remarkably inch-perfectly designed and thought through plans. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, ThanosTheHedgehog said:

I know we are still early in Sunday but any idea what's the Monday looking like for FFH

10.7, per @Charlie Jatinder 😈    

Spoiler

This is just a projection based on normal Monday trends post July 4th extended opening, nothing to do with comscore data as I understand it

Edit: Stating any number here is basically just stirring up trouble, but I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist 

Edited by Thanos Legion

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

10.7, per @Charlie Jatinder 😈    

Hide contents

This is just a projection based on normal Monday trends post July 4th extended opening, nothing to do with comacore data as I understand it

Edit: Stating any number here is basically just stirring up trouble, but I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist 

I see around 9.5-10m😉😉

9 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

There wasn't even anything as inherently stupid as The Dark Knight's Chaotic Evil Joker who doesn't have a plan being simultaeously the world's greatest and most organised beurocrat who has lots of remarkably inch-perfectly designed and thought through plans. 

The irony of Joker claiming he's just "a dog chasing cars" while also being a brilliant mastermind is the whole point. He lies to everyone about everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

The irony of Joker claiming he's just "a dog chasing cars" while also being a brilliant mastermind is the whole point. He lies to everyone about everything.

A lot of people seem to miss this. 

21 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

He is a psychotic mastermind that it what makes him so dangerous and frightening. Probably the best villain of all time.

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Guessing the California earthquakes might have chipped off Far From Home's Saturday gross and may affect today's gross too. Praying for the safety of the people of Southern California and for the aftershocks to come to an end soon 

I live in California and am having a hard time buying this.

Edited by DisposedData
  • Like 3