TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

24 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Hemsworth looks wider for some reason. Maybe it's my screen.

How many more Thor moves is he signed up for?

Word is at least three more appearances after this one...Hems knows where the money is.  

• Like 1

Looks like a ton of fun. Before the teaser I would probably say this is doing numbers slightly below Doctor Strange, but this teaser makes it feel more accessible to general audiences. So I wonder if it can tap a little more into those that don’t really care for the MCU.

I’ll have to ask my dad for some anecdotal evidence, but I’m 99% sure he’ll be more excited for this than Doctor Strange. He is a very casual MCU fan and was kinda confused by the DS2 trailers. This just seems like pure fun where he won’t have to remember as much about previous movies/shows. Plus, Sweet Child O’ Mine certainly doesn’t hurt.

The presales will be super interesting to track.

• Like 1

I actually really liked this, looks stunning visually. I agree that it totally feels like a summer epic blockbuster and I am all in for it and, as much as I liked No Way Home and probably Multiverse of Madness I am ready to take a break from all the cameos and craziness. Looks like it will explore a lot more the cosmic/space aspect of the MCU which IMO is one of the most interesting sides of the MCU, can't wait!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk if even with such a tight window between now and release they'd have two full trailers essentially two weeks apart.

We are 2 and a half months from release. Anything is possible.

25 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Looking forward to seeing Zeus get butchered immediately after he shows up on the screen

Yep.  😅  My guess is

Spoiler

the arrogant Zeus arrives to take over New Asgard, seeing an opportunity to reclaim his glory, but Gorr shows up and takes him out really quickly, establishing heavy stakes for all involved.  If Zeus can die, anyone can.  

Edited by Macleod

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Ant-Man with Kang will probably do better, the previous films' issue (with generating hype) was how small-scale they were so he will definitely help. 

AMATW probably 90+ today, Quantumania maybe 120? 

90 today is like 95 in July 2023 👀

Threequel history is... Pretty positive