TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

He's Netflix biggest star. Extraction was their #1 movie ever til Don't Look Up beat it, and Spiderhead is their current #1 on weekly charts. 

I guess instantly forgettable netflix movies are good paydays that probably don't take long to film or promote so fair enough, I stand corrected.

Edited by Hatebox

I think Chris will continue to mainly be in the action genre like he’s tried the other stuff and it didn’t really stick. The Furiosa prequel should be a good role at least. But if he only wants to come back as Thor if Taika returns, like I just think Taika has too many other things and options rn to do it any time soon. I guess he’s already won an Oscar so he doesn’t need to be chasing that but after L&T, and presumably SW, going back to Thor again might be a bit tiring. 

6 hours ago, Juan Caballo said:

Why Would Nov 2023 be a 20th Century release? 

There previously was an October 2023 20th Century release, likely in collusion with one of the Marvel properties.  Either way, the DEADPOOL people have confirmed that the 20th Century label will still very much be a part of that release -- i.e. solo Deadpool films must still be under contract under that studio/label -- so it still may not be a part of Feige's traditionally-announced MCU slate.  I wonder if it is the same with X-Men or Fantastic Four -- i.e. does 20th Century still retain first distribution to these team films?  (Like 'Hulk,' a solo appearance doesn't negate the idea that whole team-copyright films may still be contracted under the existing studio/label, even if said studio is acquired by Disney.) 

Edited by Macleod

54 minutes ago, Macleod said:

There previously was an October 2023 20th Century release, likely in collusion with one of the Marvel properties.  Either way, the DEADPOOL people have confirmed that the 20th Century label will still very much be a part of that release -- i.e. solo Deadpool films must still be under contract under that studio/label -- so it still may not be a part of Feige's traditionally-announced MCU slate.  I wonder if it is the same with X-Men or Fantastic Four -- i.e. does 20th Century still retain first distribution to these team films?  (Like 'Hulk,' a solo appearance doesn't negate the idea that whole team-copyright films may still be contracted under the existing studio/label, even if said studio is acquired by Disney.) 

I don't buy the studio label thing. I know someone that worked for Fox when Disney bought it out and based off what I have heard that doesn't sound like a thing at all. I think they are using the label as an excuse to keep Deadpool R-rated. They want to see how it goes, and probably if it works out we may see other R-rated MCU movies released as 20th Century Studios films. Anyway, Deadpool 3 is the test run for that. 

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Yeah but if there's one movie that will release in November 2023 it's Blade. Not Deadpool. 

Moderation: Please do not post any spoilers, no matter how vague it might be, even under spoiler tags (you can discuss things under spoiler tags after a movies release). If you are unsure if something is spoilerish or not then it probably is a good idea to treat it as a spoiler. 

Also people may not be aware of storylines or arcs in the corresponding comic books. So keep that in mind. Only content revealed via trailers, official clips and official social media posts, quotes from people involved in the movie like actors and directors are allowed. 

• Thanks 1

I’m curious where this will land at RT. After the initial polarizing reception to DS2, I went into it expecting an AOU messy sort of MCU entry. Instead I rather enjoyed myself, found it better than the first movie.* It lacks the emotional ummpf of NWH and isn’t top-tier MCU, but quick paced (some day neck break pacing, but anymore I appreciate 2 hour movies not messing around since general cinema economical storytelling is threatening to become a lost art) to the point that I realized “oh it’s already wrapping up?” 

So yeah the polarizing reviews in retrospect do baffle me. 4/5.  It certainly like a Sam Raimi movie, or his version of a MCU programmer anyway (that early NYC stuff felt like Spidey Tobey’s NYC if that makes sense.) Or considering his earlier Spidey trilogy tonally help inform the MCU playbook, it’s like if Paul McCartney (who was in the textbook boy band) covered a hit song by BTS. 

I think what might help me with L&T is that I enjoy Ragnarok, but not as much as large segment of Marvelites do with that fan favorite. It’s not a high bar for me, while it is for others. 

*=Which I learned reading some responses is a top tier MCU movie for many folks. I liked that movie, but it’s boiler plate MCU for me. But I’ve been around long enough to realize most entries are somebody out there’s favorite/one of their favorites.

Edited by RRA

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Thousands of grandmas will die of heart attacks the moment they see Thor's naked ass.

Is that considered a spoiler?:ph34r:

No they’ll die from seeing that somehow this movie escaped the R rating and we get to see his little hammer.*

*=Blame Taika, the set was cold that day. 

2 hours ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

So what you’re saying is, Thor’s hammer is more of a Mjolnir and less of a Stormbreaker?

I doubt it could break anything, even at full staff