eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So there's a cast, and it's not a closely guarded secret if the director is telling people he's just going to lunch with. Where are the trust worthy scoopers to leak it? Has Grace said anything?

The only thing I have heard from Grace is Adam Driver being offered the role of Reed Richards. Someone has suggested to check Kunis's close friends and see who fits the role of Susan. 😂😂😂

So a lot of rumors/bs on this now.

MyTimeToShine says Driver is all but se as Reed. 

Mescal was offered for Storm according to RPK. but declined according to schedule conflicts according to BSL. 

RPK also says Margot Robbie has the offer for Sue. MyTimeToShine says Margot is a big question mark which I assume is referring to whether she will take the role or not. Looks like Marvel want big actors for this one if all of this is true. 

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

There's absolutely no reason for any of those people to sign up for this other than big paycheck.

No shit? It's a giant blockbuster. Actors like getting paid.

It's why I've never understood asking actors "would you ever want to do a superhero movie" because 9 times out of 10 the answer is going to be yes. Consistent work in a big franchise that pays well and people see?

I don’t think Paul Mescal would be interested in this, but that’s just a feeling. 

I hope it’s Jodie Comer. Amanda Seyfried would be good too. 

I hope they announce it soon though, because the rumours are getting annoying. Like Mila Kunis playing The Thing 😂😂 glad she debunked that herself lol. 

When is this announcement dropping? I have zero interest in the movie itself but scooper games are exhausting as is their smug attidtude so I can't wait to see which casting they were so sure about is going to blow up in their faces. 

Grace's take-it-with-a-pinch-of-salt latest:

- The cast is finalized. She's not sure when they will be announced as right now it would take away from GotG3.

- Mescal passed. She heard Lukas Gage from Euphoria, The White Lotus was one of the candidates for Johnny. Gage is queer IRL so she thinks Johnny might be queer in the film (not rock solid logic but that's Grace for you)

- Based on the timing of cast confirmation, she's speculating Robbie and Driver got their respective roles but she's not sure. In case Robbie turned it down, the next favorites were apparently Vanessa Kirby, Jodie Comer and Alison Williams.

- Mila Kunis was considered for either Invisible Woman or The Thing, as they are looking at all genders for the latter

- Marvel originally wanted Seth Rogen for The Thing but she doesn't think he's interested

- Denzel was offered Galactus (lolz) and he obviously turned it down. That aligns with the rumor around SDCC that Marvel was courting him for a role. Personally, I hope he gets cast as MCU Magneto.

Edited by Spidey Freak

Robbie would be over the top casting. She's in everything. What's next? Brad Pitt or Leonardio DiCaprio as Dr. Doom?

And all of them being white so far seems suss. Right now, I only believe Driver's role.

Edited by jedijake

22 hours ago, Firepower said:

There's absolutely no reason for any of those people to sign up for this other than big paycheck.

But that cen be a  very compelling reason.

Look at i this way, get a big paycheck for a crowd pleaser, you can afford to do a couple of smal lindie films for next to nothign, or if you are a Brti, do  a play which pays much less then a film....

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Grace's take-it-with-a-pinch-of-salt latest:

- The cast is finalized. She's not sure when they will be announced as right now it would take away from GotG3.

- Mescal passed. She heard Lukas Gage from Euphoria, The White Lotus was one of the candidates for Johnny. Gage is queer IRL so she thinks Johnny might be queer in the film (not rock solid logic but that's Grace for you)

- Based on the timing of cast confirmation, she's speculating Robbie and Driver got their respective roles but she's not sure. In case Robbie turned it down, the next favorites were apparently Vanessa Kirby, Jodie Comer and Alison Williams.

- Mila Kunis was considered for either Invisible Woman or The Thing, as they are looking at all genders for the latter

- Marvel originally wanted Seth Rogen for The Thing but she doesn't think he's interested

- Denzel was offered Galactus (lolz) and he obviously turned it down. That aligns with the rumor around SDCC that Marvel was courting him for a role. Personally, I hope he gets cast as MCU Magneto.

As far as I am concenred, Grace's opinion and a dollar will you get you a small cup of coffee.

WHy do people still take here seriously, given her record of being wrong?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

The number of directors who've called out Grace for lying about shit should have long tanked her credibility 

1000% Agreed. By any logic, her creditbility should be zero.

But people are suckers for a pretty face, and her shitcki has always been "Look at me, I am a cute blond who is a heavy duty geek".