charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/22) Numbers

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

People on a box office forum. At least you'd assume that is why they are here, otherwise they shouldn't be (unless they're trolling).

There are other reasons to be interested into BO as well 😉

42 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Why is everyone suddenly talking about 650M for TLK, did you see another Monday number???

AFAIK remember yesterday people were thinking more along the lines of 550M and unless the weekdays and especially the 2nd weekend are great I don't think we should start thinking about 600+M for TLK.

Yes everybody saw the Monday number which is why they're suggesting 600 +. 

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is Endgame’s 88th consecutive day above 250k. Tuesday will make 89, tying Jumanji. As far as I can tell these are the best from the 2010s, let me know if you see anything missing with at least 60 (but especially if I missed a 70+).

Silver Linings Playbook 95

Holy shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is Endgame’s 88th consecutive day above 250k. Tuesday will make 89, tying Jumanji. As far as I can tell these are the best from the 2010s, let me know if you see anything missing with at least 60 (but especially if I missed a 70+).

Endgame 89+

Jumanji 89

The King’s Speech 89

Frozen 87

BoRhap 87

BP 80

Lincoln 80

Greatest Showman 75

TA 73

TFA 73

Hidden Figures 73

IW 69

I2 69

WW 69

BatB 68

THG 67

GotG 66

TS3 66

IO 66

TJB 66

Maleficent 66

CM 62

DM2 62

Zootopia 62

gotg2 61

JW 61  

Homecoming 60

Catching Fire 60

SLOP 60

Incredibly it seems that Aladdin (~80?), TS4 (~66?), F2, and TROS could all make a play for this list, making 6 (Disney) movies from 2019 alone!

For those who are curious, here are some 3 recent runs of 250k or more that went over 100 days....

Titanic 136

And the most amazing run of alll......

Spoiler

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 190!!!

• Like 4
  • Astonished 7

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Endgame 89+

Jumanji 89

The King’s Speech 89

Frozen 87

BoRhap 87

BP 80

Lincoln 80

Greatest Showman 75

TA 73

TFA 73

Hidden Figures 73

IW 69

I2 69

WW 69

BatB 68

THG 67

GotG 66

TS3 66

IO 66

TJB 66

Maleficent 66

CM 62

DM2 62

Zootopia 62

gotg2 61

JW 61  

Homecoming 60

Catching Fire 60

SLOP 60

Incredibly it seems that Aladdin (~80?), TS4 (~66?), F2, and TROS could all make a play for this list, making 6 (Disney) movies from 2019 alone!

Aladdin is already at 60.

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

What? Sunday it dropped only 13%, I'm not sure how that's frontloaded. 

But we aren’t talking about Sunday, we were talking about OW:

181/18.5 = 9.78

192/23.5 = 8.17

20 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

181/18.5 = 9.78

192/23.5 = 8.17

Yeah but several have stated that the lower weekend multiplier was due to inflated previews resulting from higher number of Thursday showings.

However, I am not sure that is valid data. There were also a high number of showings throughout the weekend so that should cancel out the effect of higher numbers of Thursday shows, no? Or maybe I misunderstood and the point is that Thursday played out more like a regular opening Thursday, thus reducing the surge for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 4-day opening weekend in other words.

Let's see what happens with today's numbers before suggesting what TLK will do overall. I think it is fair to say "if it does A for its second weekend then it is more likely to do B overall". But just not after the first Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

181/18.5 = 9.78

192/23.5 = 8.17

But Sunday hold is part of the weekend. Also, because of how previews are inflating weekends, they're becoming more frontloaded same happened with TS4. Most folks were complaining about how it's going to struggle to hit even 400M and now legs have kicked in and it's looking likely at 430M+. Same can be said for TLK, with little to no competition for next couple of months, it should have no problem going past 600M, if the WOM is good.

News from the Telegram:

One kid hated The Lion King so much that they told their mom they wanted to stay home instead of going to fun summer camp because their camp was having a movie day to go see it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Here's to $29mn Approx Tuesday 😛

Ps. #NotAnEarlyEstimate

I’m doubtful TLK has much of an increase tomorrow, most big openers have small Tuesday increases (or decreases), their price is more inelastic.