charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/22) Numbers

37 minutes ago, The Panda said:

News from the Telegram:

One kid hated The Lion King so much that they told their mom they wanted to stay home instead of going to fun summer camp because their camp was having a movie day to go see it.

I think your obsession with the movie is a little bit unhealthy

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

I think your obsession with the movie is a little bit unhealthy

I was just reporting a story someone else told in the Telegram.  Can’t say I’ve spent anymore time talking about it than the rest of the people here.

26 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Random: I was watching Sister Act tonight, and was wondering how well it did at the box office by todays' standards. Holy fuck I was not expecting to see that it would've grossed over $300M!😯

1 Sister Act BV $303,094,600 $139,605,150 5/29/92

Yup! Huge hit in the day, sadly the sequel didnt live up to it, at least in unadjusted numbers. But more sequels went down than up back then too. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I was just reporting a story someone else told in the Telegram.  Can’t say I’ve spent anymore time talking about it than the rest of the people here.

The thing is , you HATE the movie. So it is really weird that you're spending so much time commenting about the movie you hate. That is not healthy at all.

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

News from the Telegram:

One kid hated The Lion King so much that they told their mom they wanted to stay home instead of going to fun summer camp because their camp was having a movie day to go see it.

BREAKING:

Kids all over the country have demanded that schools reopen immediately and that summer vacations be curtailed thus reducing the chances of their parents taking them to the movies.

"I did rather catch the Swine Flu than The Lion King" said Bob, aged 9. "My childhood ends today" added 11 year old Ashley who now wants to emancipate herself from her parents and plans to immigrate to China. "It falls below TJB there despite having a growing market" she replies when asked why China. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Astonished 2

9 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Favereau is the blandest of the bland. He lucked out with leads such as Ferrell and RDJ who elevated his average movies to above average but not this time as TLK leads are the most panned of the cast. This is going to make over 600M but that doesn't make it less bland and even his cheering squad on RT abandoned him. 

Why so sour? Any directer would kill to make TLK and Jon got it with iron man and jungle book. RT is not impressed but didnt abandon him, which happens to any directer.

32 minutes ago, UserHN said:

The thing is , you HATE the movie. So it is really weird that you're spending so much time commenting about the movie you hate. That is not healthy at all.

The thing is, I don’t hate the movie, it’s the kids that do.

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

News from the Telegram:

Get over it, it’s not funny anymore 

2 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Random: I was watching Sister Act tonight, and was wondering how well it did at the box office by todays' standards. Holy fuck I was not expecting to see that it would've grossed over $300M!😯

1 Sister Act BV $303,094,600 $139,605,150 5/29/92

Real-life animation remake would do 600M+ :Gaga:

41 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Proof? All you have are anecdotal. Show us some stats. Because the stats that you showed last time, the Postrak 3.5 out of 5 from kids isn't applicable anymore because it was already adjusted up to 4 out of 5 from kids. So show us your new proof this time, not just anecdotal. 

Edited by UserHN

It seems to be quite easy to please people nowadays. Disney is like the The Pied Piper of Hamelin - they do nothing special but the people follow them.

While I am not a Disney fan today, I absolutely adore their 90s classics. They are my childhood. From "Ariel" to "Mulan" (yeah, even the "Rescuers Down Under").

I just can't get myself to watch the new "Lion King"...why should I do this?

This is not trolling. Definitely not.

I just would like to understand why people are flocking out in millions to watch a nearly frame-by-frame GCI-remake of a movie they already know? Is it really that easy to get butts in seats? Just shit some nostalgia stuff on the table and that's it?

The new soundtrack is awful. With the exception of the new Timon and Pumbaa attitude in "Hakuna Matata" I absolutely hate all new versions of the classics - especially "Circle of Life", "Can't wait to be king" and "Be prepared" are abysmal.

Credit to the new Elton John songs ("Spirit" and "Never Too Late"). Brilliant. I had them on replay nearly 24/7. 

(Yeah, I know that "Spirit" is by Beyoncé...but it sounds like an Elton John song)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EliasChristensen said:

It seems to be quite easy to please people nowadays. Disney is like the The Pied Piper of Hamelin - they do nothing special but the people follow them.

While I am not a Disney fan today, I absolutely adore their 90s classics. They are my childhood. From "Ariel" to "Mulan" (yeah, even the "Rescuers Down Under").

I just can't get myself to watch the new "Lion King"...why should I do this?

This is not trolling. Definitely not.

I just would like to understand why people are flocking out in millions to watch a nearly frame-by-frame GCI-remake of a movie they already know? Is it really that easy to get butts in seats? Just shit some nostalgia stuff on the table and that's it?

The new soundtrack is awful. With the exception of the new Timon and Pumbaa attitude in "Hakuna Matata" I absolutely hate all new versions of the classics - especially "Circle of Life", "Can't wait to be king" and "Be prepared" are abysmal.

Credit to the new Elton John songs ("Spirit" and "Never Too Late"). Brilliant. I had them on replay nearly 24/7. 

(Yeah, I know that "Spirit" is by Beyoncé...but it sounds like an Elton John song)

Oh yes, the same attitude. "I hate it so much so why did the others like this, I don't understand". I can answer why I like the new Aladdin and TLK. For Aladdin, Naomi Scott's, Mena Massoud's, and Will Smith's performances are all good (my opinion of course). I also like the new song Speechless. For the new TLK, beside the obvious nostalgia, many people saw it for the new CG technology used (just like The Jungle Book). It's the curiosity factor. 

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

The kids are smarter than the adults. Slapping a coat of paint on a old movie and releasing it likes it brand new didn’t fool them.

• Thanks 1