sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Yes I agree but it's more likely than a goofy comedy. 

Yeah it does happen, I suppose you could point to The Favourite last year even. But generally the comedies that got Oscars were quite some time ago, it's much more drama focused now in past few decades. It happened back in the olden days.

And haven't seen the trailer but pretty sure it is still a full on comedy no?

Supposedly not. Mind you, haven't seen the movie or read the script but those who did either say it's quite heavy and heartbreaking beyond the stuff shown in the trailer. More like dark comedy. 

@Alli Agreed. I expect big things from BW. I don't think that the movie needs "first, second, etc female hero" narrative. If it looks good, people will flock to it. I don't think that any female SH movie needs that narrative anymore to get people interested.

20 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Shouldn't have said that.

Jgoy.gif

Standing face to face on a B&W air strip. “We’ll always have Cats”

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Alli said:

OUATIH had a 17% Sunday drop. Better than Basterds. good Legs incoming? 🤮

But you told me this had toxic WoM and terrible legs just based on its Friday alone! How can this be?

• Thanks 1

Just now, TMP said:

But you told me this had toxic WoM and terrible legs just based on its Friday alone! How can this be?

I guess the tarantino fanboys will not let their idol flop. the movie still garbage

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I guess the tarantino fanboys will not let their idol flop. the movie still garbage

Did you even see it? Or did you just see the plot on Wikipedia and decide it's terrible?

35 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

I'm firmly in the BW under 300M club right now until I see something that makes me think otherwise. There isn't really alot to think it will go high right now.

It's not the first female superhero movie. It's not the first Marvel female superhero movie. It's not even really an iconic female superhero like WW.

It also has no endgame factor to it. And since it will be a prequel it really doesn't have any big reason to go see it to tie into other Marvel films.

I'm expecting a performance similar to AM&tW or DS.

Don’t get me wrong, I think BW will do well but I think the fact that this one seems rather small scaled spy film and not a CGI spectacle will do more in the upper $200M-low $300M than the $400M+ range DOM. OS I think will be big.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Tenet will not do poorly. nolan is as worshiped as tarantino. the fanboys will see the movie and they will love it, dammit!

Why are you so pressed that an original film might do well next summer?

• Like 1

OUATIH doesn't open here until next two weeks, but i gotta admit i watched it on the net. the curiosity got the best of me. It was freakin awful. just scenes thrown together, leo's scenes were cringe. so bad.  and that finale....trash...so childish. i can't imagine how people like it.

Edited by Alli
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 5

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Why are you so pressed that an original film might do well next summer?

You can only be excited for films others like remember.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

what the hell... i am just saying it will be a success.

"the fanboys will see the movie and they will love it, dammit!" sounded like you weren't happy with that happening

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

OUATIH had a 17% Sunday drop. Better than Basterds. good Legs incoming? 🤮

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

Good lord you need to get laid. Ain't no way a woman who has felt the touch of a man (or a lady, I ain't gon' discriminate) would throw this big a hissy fit over people liking a Tarantoenail movie.

• Haha 3