grim22

Upcoming Forum Lists and Countdowns - Please use this thread as a central discussion point for scheduling

Just wanted to mention that my Best of 2010 list is still a thing that will happen (though I'll probably shrink down the window a bit instead of having it last throughout all of summer).

I also wanted to pitch one for November/December: A list that's all of Spielberg's directorial work. It's to celebrate West Side Story and Spielberg's birthday (both are on the same day), and it could be done quickly since everyone here has seen at least a good chunk of Spielberg's filmography.

• Like 1

I want to do a best of star wars countdown (probably top 25). I would like to include multimedia formats for this countdown (Probably Movies, TV and Video Games). Would like to do it around April if possible. 

Update on my list plans: I'm looking to start up the voting on May 1, and have it last through the whole month, ending on May 30. Then on June 5 is when the countdown starts, and I'll get it done a couple days later

The Spielberg countdown will also have voting in November, though probably on a shorter window since there's less movies. The day it starts will still be December 18th.

Just giving people a heads up for all future lists.

@The Panda is this at all conflicting schedule-wise with your top movies of all time list?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

Update on my list plans: I'm looking to start up the voting on May 1, and have it last through the whole month, ending on May 30. Then on June 5 is when the countdown starts, and I'll get it done a couple days later

The Spielberg countdown will also have voting in November, though probably on a shorter window since there's less movies. The day it starts will still be December 18th.

Just giving people a heads up for all future lists.

@The Panda is this at all conflicting schedule-wise with your top movies of all time list?

Id expect to do the all time list around July, so it shouldn’t!

Idk if I can manage to do it, but @grim22 I guess Top 100 Indian films will be a nice list. Can use weigh system giving higher preference to the list with 50/75/100 (however you deem fit) or more films than the one lowers.

I mean if someone just submit 10 films, their 10 films get 1/5th or 1/7.5th or 1/10th the point otherwise allotted to those number of films. This to give a better representation as majority non-Indians might not have seen that many films.

What about a top... list for rewatchable / rereadable movies and other media?

Like not the best of quality orientated, but the best ~ I‘m feeling down, am ill. the weather is bad,... I‘ll watch/hear/read this movie, that TV-series, read this book (series)/ hear that audio book series?

Forgot the term, like in a way ‚what will me get up again if feeling poorly‘?

On 5/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, chasmmi said:

Current plan is to open top foreign film voting when Games and Historical countdown reveals are completed / in about a week's time.  

This will be the best list since the the best of the 2010s list!

• Like 2