grim22

Upcoming Forum Lists and Countdowns - Please use this thread as a central discussion point for scheduling

The mods have got a number of requests for future countdowns people want to conduct and solicit lists from users. We encourage any and all users to start their own countdowns, but seeing how we should not have too many of them pinned at the same time, we will try to limit them to maybe 2 a month at most. One countdown every 15 days should work for users to catch up on movies they may have missed.

Current countdowns which are conducted include:

• Yearly top movies by @grim22
  • BOFFYs by @The Panda and @Mr Pastaffelees
  • Anniversary retrospective countdowns (10 year, 15 year, 20 year, 25 year and so on) by various users
  • Top 100 Film Scores and Video Games - alternating years by @4815162342

Currently active lists:

• Top 100 Movies of the 70s - @cannastop and @Jason

• Deadline for submissions: September 27th

• Reveal date: Sometime before September 30th

If you want to conduct a list, kindly reply in this thread with the following:

• Proposed List
    • Proposed deadline for submission
    • Proposed reveal dates

In this way, we can ensure that the lists follow one another and never become too much to follow, or people like @aabattery might get confused about submission deadlines :ph34r:  

CURRENTLY PLANNED COUNTDOWNS:

• Something by @tawasal - 

BOT’s Top 30 foreign movies.

October 1 - October 25 submissions 

November 2 - reveals 

• Top 50 Musicals - @captainwondyful
      • September 1 - November 22: Submissions

• November 24: Hard Deadline

• December 20: Reveal Top 50 on CATS OW

• @Inceptionzq
      • Top 100 sci-fi countdown with a submission period of Jan 17, 2020 - Feb 28, 2020. Reveal over the weekend of March 6-8, 2020
      • Top 100 Video Game Characters - @chasmmi  (Will be 95% kept in the videogame subforum and not be a pinned list here besides 48 hours before deadline and list reveal) 
      • Deadline for Submissions - October 14th
      • Reveal Date Mid October (after 70's list is concluded, before Foreign list starts). 
      • Top movies of the decade - @Jake Gittes Early 2020

• Top movies of all time - @The Panda mid 2020

• Like 4
      • Thanks 2
      • Haha 2

In terms of recurring countdowns that are conducted the list should include the biennial Top 100 Film Scores and Video Game lists I have done 3 times apiece in alternating years.

Edited by 4815162342

I'd like to do the best of the decade countdown when the time comes. Thinking around March 15 would be a good submission deadline, with the reveal over the last week of March. That would be three or four weeks after the boffys. Nothing final yet though.

• Like 1

@baumer already said I could do the Top Fifty Musicals after we finished the CBM and 1989 Reveals.  My plan when I asked was do:

September 1 - November 22: Submissions
      November 24: Hard Deadline

December 20: Reveal Top 50 on CATS OW

That way it would be done before the BOFFYS and Top 25 where due in January.

Edited by captainwondyful
      typo
      • Like 2

Top 100 Films of All Time - Lists would be due Mid May 2020 (when countdown would go on too), I’d open it for submissions beginning mid March to beginning April 

I do that one every other year

Edited by The Panda

Also:  Just throwing this out there.

JCS started but never completed the "Best Directors" List.  Since -- knowing this board's user base -- it's going to come down to Nolan v Cameron, I had a thought.  What if instead of doing a Ranked List, we did a Best Directors March Madness in March?  Take 32, make a bracket, let the games begin.

• Like 1

@grim22 I did get to requests one from @tawasal and the other from @cannastop  @captainwondyfulgave them the go-ahead to go and start those countdowns. So out of respect for them contacting me a couple of weeks ago those should be the next to countdowns that are on our site. I hope you're okay with this.....sorry not cannastop. Can't delete his name for some reason. 

• Like 4

@grim22 and @baumer it will be 3 open lists if I also decide to do my list. I was supposed to have one alongside @captainwondyful

Don’t know what happened to that plan. If the plan is two active lists at the time, Me, @captainwondyful and @cannastop with lists open from September through November would ruin the plan. 

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

@grim22 and @baumer it will be 3 open lists if I also decide to do my list. I was supposed to have one alongside @captainwondyful

Don’t know what happened to that plan. If the plan is two active lists at the time, Me, @captainwondyful and @cannastop with lists open from September through November would ruin the plan. 

My list will stop accepting entries by October. Will that work for you?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tawasal said:

You will be grandfathered in, you can go ahead.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tawasal said:

AND,

I have a purposely long submission period on mine cause I want to (1) give people the chance to watch re-watch some musicals if they need and (2) be a dramatic bitch and have the thing centered around Frozen II and CATS.  So @cannastop will probably have their list done and revealed before mine.

• Like 2
      • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MrGamer said:

@MrPink and I will be doing a Top Villains list in early 2020. 

@Plain Old Tele and I will be doing a countdown of our favorite moments from Baahubali Parts 1&2. Date of that TBD.

I was planning to do a Top Villains shortly to coincide with Joker release, and Top Heroes next year. 

If you are intending to do villains next year then @grim22 I may do Heroes soon instead. Novemberish/Decemberish time, to coincide with Star Wars release.

Edited by Avatree

My ongoing lists that I do every 2-3 years each are currently:

Movie Characters   (Did last year)

Movies Songs    (Did this year)

Video Game Characters (Did April 2017)

There may me one other I am forgetting.

Right, I should probably get onto video game characters this year to make sure it does not encroach on @4815162342 countdown next year. 

Would late October/Early November work?  

• Like 1

@tawasal

The animated list will be done next year after most of the world has a chance to see the two new Pixar movies, but not before the 2020 WDAS movie.

I also will not disqualify movies from 2020 on the list, like I disqualified 2018 movies for the 2018 list. @chasmmi compiled the lists and did the write-ups but I set some rules for that list.

Edited by cannastop
      • Like 1