grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

1 hour ago, Movie nerd said:

I liked it quite a bit, imo best film in franchise since original Matrix. 

It made more sense to me than Reloaded and Revolutions. 

Also Jessica Henwick was fantastic, love her in this film. 

Gave a like b/c I agree on this point - she was by far the best character in the film (both designed and acted)...I liked her more than the original characters...

This was just not entertaining or well made.  I don't know where the money went.  The fights, the effects, nothing is memorable.  There were some interesting ideas that were toyed with, but ultimately, nothing really came from them.  Disappointing, at best.  Alas, another franchise bites the dust.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

The source for this story is just nonsense. Here's an excerpt from LadBible where they picked up the story

He also donated around 70 per cent of his salary from The Matrix to leukaemia to aid in the search for a cure

They don't say what charity  just that he gave money.

If I were a betting man I'd call this a WB stunt. Its very similar to the Will Smith salary story they did for King Richard.

16 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Weird comparison considering there were more hyped films than Reloaded in between. 

I should have specified - among high teens/young adults. No, from 2003 to 2012, there was no film as hyped among the 16-30 crowd as Matrix Reloaded was. TDKR was rated R as RELOADED was, but clearly skewed older than any of the Spider-man, Potter or Pirates films. 

Edited by excel1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JonahVex said:

Harry Potter? Avengers ?

What? Not even close. 

RELOADED would have beaten Spidey's $114m opening weekend record if it had opened on a Friday, and that was rated R.  

2 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Easily. SM2&3, Dead Man's Chest, Deathly Hallows 2 are few of them that comes to mind. 

Matrix Reloaded had a bigger 4 day gross than Spider-man 2, despite Spidey have a year of price inflation and pG-13 rating. Dead Mans Chest isn't even comparable. Deathly Hallows 2 doesn't beat it with inflation, not even factoring in 3D.

1 hour ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Yeah, there were plenty of adjusted OW record breakers reloaded and tdkr and they were mostly fueled by 16-30...

No, there weren't. Avengers was/is VERY kid friendly, as is Star Wars. Put it this way: the entire 2003 MTV Movie Awards were a big spoof of Matrix. That was the core demo. 

Every here forgetting how huge RELOADED was. In 2002, over the exact same Thursday-Sunday timeframe, Star Wars did $110 million. In 2003, RELOADED did $134m, and that's with an R rating. It wasn't even close. This is going WAY back now, but nothing of that nature had even compared to RELOADED since T2 back in 1991. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Knoxville said:

Excel lives in his own fantasy world we can barely comprehend. Just let him do his weird little thing and he'll tire himself out eventually.

We've been saying that since the BOM days 😂 at least he is consistent and not an ass about it 

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

We've been saying that since the BOM days 😂 at least he is consistent and not an ass about it 

You're thinking of Kal-el. I never posted on BOM. 

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

You're thinking of Kal-el. I never posted on BOM. 

Maybe Filmgasm then, since you were definitely around for TDK, may have swapped the sites then.... been around too long myself. And no, Kal-el is his own thing 🤣 definitely wont mix that up. 

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

What? Not even close. 

RELOADED would have beaten Spidey's $114m opening weekend record if it had opened on a Friday, and that was rated R.  

Matrix Reloaded had a bigger 4 day gross than Spider-man 2, despite Spidey have a year of price inflation and pG-13 rating. Dead Mans Chest isn't even comparable. Deathly Hallows 2 doesn't beat it with inflation, not even factoring in 3D.

No, there weren't. Avengers was/is VERY kid friendly, as is Star Wars. Put it this way: the entire 2003 MTV Movie Awards were a big spoof of Matrix. That was the core demo. 

Every here forgetting how huge RELOADED was. In 2002, over the exact same Thursday-Sunday timeframe, Star Wars did $110 million. In 2003, RELOADED did $134m, and that's with an R rating. It wasn't even close. This is going WAY back now, but nothing of that nature had even compared to RELOADED since T2 back in 1991. 

I think the issue with Reloaded is that the legs killed any hopes of it being remembered fondly or high up on the adjusted charts long term. It's definitely the odd duck of the 2001-2006 span that was huge leading in and then disappeared.

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Maybe Filmgasm then, since you were definitely around for TDK, may have swapped the sites then.... been around too long myself. And no, Kal-el is his own thing 🤣 definitely wont mix that up. 

Well, yes, I was on Filmgasm. That is a blast from the past reference.  

Just now, narniadis said:

I think the issue with Reloaded is that the legs killed any hopes of it being remembered fondly or high up on the adjusted charts long term. It's definitely the odd duck of the 2001-2006 span that was huge leading in and then disappeared.

That and then REVOLUTIONS was a non-event. But folks should do just a bit of research into that weekend in May, 2003. That was an insanely hyped film.

Despite being R rated and opening on a Thursday, RELOALDED within $4m of Spider-mans 3 day record. Had RELOADED opened on Friday proper, it would have done in the $122-124m ballpark easily despite its rating.

Hmm. Matrix 2 opening is impressive. Would have weekend record of around ~$120M. 

50 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Matrix Reloaded had a bigger 4 day gross than Spider-man 2, despite Spidey have a year of price inflation and pG-13 rating. Dead Mans Chest isn't even comparable

Spider-man 2 would have been $130M ish normal FSS.