grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

I saw a thumbnail for this thing on HBO and felt like reading through the old thread.

I will never forget film twitter smashing the synonym button to lie through their teeth about this movie before release. They thought they were really gonna shake the table with this one.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:48 AM, lorddemaxus said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Show me the lies though

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

This movie rules.

4 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

What lying? Not their fault if y’all get filtered 🤷‍♂️

Matrix 4 Sypathizers… good god.

I don’t think it’s a lie to call this movie “bold.” It’s a film that basically gives the middle finger to the very company that financed it. Lana Wachowski made a firm statement with this movie, without any concern for how general audiences would respond to it. I’d say that’s pretty bold, regardless of what one thinks about the quality of the film. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, AJG said:

Matrix 4 Sypathizers… good god.

What does that have to do with "Matrix 4 sympathizers"?

Words have a meaning, you know, and you just made a blatantly false statement, so people asked for clarification. I haven't seen the movie, I wouldn't know whether it is any good or bad, but one thing I do know: voicing an opinion about liking / not liking a movie couldn't possibly be a lie unless said person made contradictory statements about it.

What you are saying amounts to "I didn't like the movie, therefore your feelings for it couldn't possibly be good either, which means you must be lying about liking it or what you saw in it". And that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm sure you can find people out there who liked Gigli, most people didn't. In no way, shape or from could you take from that, that the people who liked it are lying about their feelings. A personal opinion is not linked to general consensus.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Completely agree, even if they’d only given him a short scene as old Morpheus instead of the scene with the statue. He was missed.

Still don't understand why he wasn't involved, here.  Was there actually a scheduling conflict?  With all the digital tools these days, they could have obviously shaved off some of Fishburne's "girth" if that was their real concern...  😁

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

remember when this came out a year and ago and absolutely no one cared and it's like this film doesn't even exist? Never seen anything like it for such a well known franchise

shame

Keanu Reeves trying to kill himself after receiving a "game award" from geoff knightley is an all-time great moment from american blockbusters and a would have made a worthy oscar-cheer moment winner 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

remember when this came out a year and ago and absolutely no one cared and it's like this film doesn't even exist? Never seen anything like it for such a well known franchise

I mean I don't think anyone cares about most movies more than a month. We literally had the ending to the current era of the James Bond franchise last year and who tf talked about that film for more than a week? Pretty sure this has a more ardent fanbase than most franchise films people forgot as of late (like most of the recent superhero sequels).

Edited by lorddemaxus