Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

The UK (with its clusterfuck of a government) is announcing more restrictions tonight, but it's not clear exactly what yet. A working-from-home recommendation is expected at the very least, but it might go further.

Pepperidge farm remembers when Boris Johnson said there would not be further restrictions after vaccines  :hahaha:

On the subject of Spider-Man, this may be controversial but Spider-Man 3 might be my favorite of the original trilogy... lmao

Then again, I love messy, ambitious movies.

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I know they’re still working on the VFX so any budget we’ve heard of has since increased, but what’s the most recently (reliably sourced) reported budget for this? 

we dont know yet, my guess would be 200-250 million though.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fmpro said:

Theaters could be closing in Denmark. Spidey is in Danger. Around 1/200 danish people has allready booked a ticket….

And i have tickets in 7 days.

Crossing fingers that theaters dodges the first restriction bullet 

Latest news is that theaters dodges the bullet in this round. But could be next if this is not enough. So Spidey will open as planned. 
Only nightlife and standing gatherings will be very limited. All kids home from school for a few weeks. Could actully be good for Spidey😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

The clown minister has put in a work from home order, covid passports and indoor masks for the UK. Fun. 

Europe be like past 20 months

"cant leave your shoebox apartment or you be fined"

Then be like

"no masks needed anywhere"

3 months later

"martial law on the streets"

I feel a lot of people want to watch spiderman to just get some escapism i find :(

Edited by Torontofan

2 hours ago, AJG said:

The clown minister has put in a work from home order, covid passports and indoor masks for the UK. Fun. 

No fan of Boris, but what is the alternative let the Covid go hog wild?

I suspect any PM would do the same in this situation. A failure to come down hard early is what got us into this mess.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, dudalb said:

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I know they’re still working on the VFX so any budget we’ve heard of has since increased, but what’s the most recently (reliably sourced) reported budget for this? 

They should by now....Dec 8th...be almost done withe FX.  They need to the have the final locked print by the end of the week to allow enough time for manafaturing the prints and physicallly delivering them.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

They should by now....Dec 8th...be almost done withe FX.  They need to the have the final locked print by the end of the week to allow enough time for manafaturing the prints and physicallly delivering them.

By manufacturing, you mean downloading the files onto the hard drive that they ship out?

Just now, Deep Wang said:

By manufacturing, you mean downloading the files onto the hard drive that they ship out?

It';s not that simple; you still need quality control. It's not like downloading a file onto your computer.

I am not an expert, but a week after the film is locked is considered what you need to get a film into theaters.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It’s not 1995 anymore lol

Everything is digital and can be delivered the same day if necessary. 

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I suspect any PM would do the same in this situation. A failure to come down hard early is what got us into this mess.

The man was holding wild cheese and wine Christmas parties during lockdown last year. I doubt he cares much.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It';s not that simple; you still need quality control. It's not like downloading a file onto your computer.

I am not an expert, but a week after the film is locked is considered what you need to get a film into theaters.

It kind of is.  In 2010 at my first theater, it was 100% digital.  It was still kind early, so there wasn't a 'library' server set up at that location yet.  But basically, you got a hard drive in a pelican case, slapped it into the projector and select the movie and trailers you want and it transfers it to that projector and you make a playlist and boom, you're done.

Later on, we got 'library' servers where you ingested all the movies into a main server that talked to all the projectors so you then just send everything to the right projector and that's it.  

If something was wrong with a hard drive, you would call the company and have another one later that day or the next day.  If it was desperate, they'd call around to nearby theaters and you could just drive to another location, even another chain and borrow theirs.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

The man was holding wild cheese and wine Christmas parties during lockdown last year. I doubt he cares much.

Oh, I despise Boris...the UK now had it Trump...but I think his measures here are ones that ANY PM would have taken given the same circumstance.