Eric S'ennui

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

20 minutes ago, Avatree said:

you know this is the spiderman thread not the world of warcraft thread?

What can I do? NWH nuked it. My Raid that is. Those guildmates who kept shittin on Holland few days ago suddenly made U-turn, It makes me want to go see it sooner. They won't stop praising it and I can't watch it till 2morrow.... 

• Haha 1

This is going to have an impact of the first TA

It's wonderful.

Amazing third act. Just does everything right.

Nostalgia done right.

I'd say first act is more expository and jumbled cause it sets up a lot but from second act to the end it's perfection.

Best Holland Spiderman to date including his TA appearances. 

Zendaya also great, should put "she can't act" BS to rest.

Surprised how much I loved Ned's arc. Great use of the character.

Tons of payoffs.

Refreshing hero motivation.

Iconic moment to rival that 360 degree camera shot of TA in TA.

Fantastic chemistry.

You'll laugh, gasp, cry.

Endlessly rewatchable.

Yeah, this won't need China to achieve insane boxoffice heights.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 6

Just now, SnokesLegs said:

Didn’t Euphoria already do that? The show isn’t for me, but she’s fantastic in it.

Not to people who didn't watch the show. I always thought she was solid in SM movies but here she's just so so good. Everyone delivers. Wonderful, wonderful movie. 

• Like 1

I wish I loved this more. I don't have a deep investment in the other trilogies so I guess that didn't help. Also being unable to avoid leaks but that's water under the bridge. Like it was good but hmm. Maybe I need a second watch.

Edited by thedast
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Queue to get in to Odeon Leicester Square right now is insane. There's a guy ahead in a full Miles costume constantly getting people come up asking for photos haha. Finally starting to feel the buzz

It’ll be awesome in there. Great memories of the crowd in that theatre going wild opening night 1996 for will smith’s ‘welcome to earth’ punch in ID4

they’ll lose their minds over moments in NWH. Let us know later!! 

On 12/15/2021 at 12:34 AM, Valonqar said:

Can't speak for others but I absolutely hate PP's school mates and the whole movie is those annoying fuckers on a bus or in a hotel or wherever. I just hate them period. Also, nothing interesting about PP's friendship with Ned who serves no purpose but the fat comic relief stereotype. PP and Harry had stakes. This bozo is waste of time and makes me wanna punch the screen.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Best Holland Spiderman to date including his TA appearances. 

Zendaya also great, should put "she can't act" BS to rest.

Surprised how much I loved Ned's arc. Great use of the character.

This U-turn is what I am talking about... Within span of few hours, people went from Nay to Yay... I liked your review most. 

Edited by anti-Pedantic
  • Like 3

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

IT WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

well that sucked.. was enjoying the first hour and half or so, then I had a panic attack. so left the cinema and went home. disappointing :( ill be back to see it at the weekend hopefully i watch the whole thing.

audience seemed to be enjoying it, there were quite a few cheers and claps (and having now read the rest of the plot on wikipedia, sounds like we hadn't even got to the good part...)

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 9
  • ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

This U-turn is what I am talking about... Within span of few hours, people went from Nay to Yay... I liked your review most. 

Thank you! It's definitely a movie for people who didn't like or were meh about HC and/or FFH. Fans of the other 2 will adore this too but it's gonna convert a lot of naysayers. I mean, look at me! :lol: