Eric the Ape

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

DaFat: 10.9

Mr. J: 5.9

Ms. J: 5.8

Quick maths with Jokah and Mal2 would be about 13.9 for the former and 13M for the latter (I think). Both would be great results (sub-35% drops for both) and above BOP's estimates from earlier today

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Aaaaannnnddd, nope

There are other variables. AMC might have bigger share of BO for one or other movie. Joker did start playing stronger in NYC region where AMC is huge. That is why one cannot take this numbers as absolute data. Just provides some trend that movies are doing well.

I only care about Joker's numbers honestly. I mean 29 or 30mil Dark Fate is a 185mil flop. There is no good weekend number for Dark Fate. Fellow flop Gemini Man went up 3% as well. Meleficent 2 is the same to me. Nice legs but it's still going to fall around 50% from the original. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Joker has a shot of being at 300M with actual. Feels like it’s headed to 340M or more since late legs will be boosted by Thanksgiving and there’s very limited R rated competition incoming.

Maleficent 2 is basically following Maleficent’s numbers from the first movies second weekend onwards.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

There are other variables. AMC might have bigger share of BO for one or other movie. Joker did start playing stronger in NYC region where AMC is huge. That is why one cannot take this numbers as absolute data. Just provides some trend that movies are doing well.

Yeah, the sources of uncertainty are pretty obvious, but it's neat to get a general ballpark. The timing was just funny.

Wonderful Saturday! Hopefully Sunday remains strong also. 

As for the rest of films in play, it would do some members well to remember that the data we get is optional and not all inclusive. If they share the full top 10 or select indies that is their choice but they may not have even seen the data. 

Patience as always is the polite way to handle data. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, a2k said:

There can be connections made between milk and politics -

1. Nomadic tribes that survived on dairy (and cattle) primarily organised and governed differently compared to those that were predominantly agricultural. 
  2. story of milk revolution in India
  3. Milk :)

But don't know how milk connects to woke/not-woke debate in TLJ 😕

White revolution you mean not milk lol😂😂😂

57 minutes ago, Eric Connor said:

Moderation

@Nero

No political stuff in this thread. Don't start that up again

I just corrected him lol. I just said the term is White revolution not milk. And it's actually about milk not exactly political

34 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Didn't they try this already with The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Even with what I thought was a good show and the cliffhanger ending left me really upset ... it premiered to over 18 million viewers and by the end of season 2 was cancelled with less than 4.  That was with only T3 being a sore spot for some viewers.

Doing a new show now would be DOA after the last decade of bombs.

What’s crazy is that if that number holds, the Friday-Saturday is one of the best of the year, family films aside, pretty much every tentpole style movie either dropped or went up 1-2%

the only exceptions I see this year are things like What Men Want, Little, Madea Family Funeral and Cold Pursuit, none of which would be considered a tentpole.

Its not much, but it’s something.

Edited by Felandria