sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

3 minutes ago, newknicksfan said:

Bale is incredibly well liked in the industry, his film is very well liked/well reviewed and has come out later than some other contenders.  He can easily get nominated in lead. 

Trouble is, FvF isn’t much of a stretch for Bale, especially compared to some of his previous Oscar nominated performances.

I just saw it tonight, loved it, but I do worry that people won’t see it as much of an effort on his part.

15 minutes ago, TLK said:

Lead is way too strong this year. I don't think Bale cares about being nominated or else he would've campaigned in supporting.

I shouldn't have said easy but I feel like there's only a couple locks and the other spots are up for grabs. I feel like supporting is even tougher: Pitt, Pacino, Pesci, Hanks, Hopkins, etc. 

1 hour ago, newknicksfan said:

I shouldn't have said easy but I feel like there's only a couple locks and the other spots are up for grabs. I feel like supporting is even tougher: Pitt, Pacino, Pesci, Hanks, Hopkins, etc. 

Phoenix, Driver, DiCaprio, De Niro, and Banderas are imo all locks.

Edited by lorddemaxus

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Phoenix, Driver, DiCaprio, De Niro, and Banderas are imo all locks.

For what film is Driver getting nominated for?  Banderas?

I only ask because I haven't been paying attention at all this year.

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Rene is the only actor I've read about in terms of oscar this year.  I'm assuiming Hanks will be there as will some of the cast from Irishman.

The amount of MoCap in The Irishman might put the Irishman out of contention, which is a shame because De Niro, Pesci and Pacino are all fan-fucking-tastic! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The amount of MoCap in The Irishman might put the Irishman out of contention, which is a shame because De Niro, Pesci and Pacino are all fan-fucking-tastic! 

That isn't really MoCap though. It's just de-aging VFX. It's pretty much just makeup. No different to Gary Oldman in The Darkest Hour.

4 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

I'd be shocked if Neighborhood doesn't get an A+. Seems like an easy crowdpleaser candidate.

They’re selling Neighborhood as a Tom Hanks joint even though he’s only supporting; it won’t get an A+ due to that. Probably a B?