Eric Prime

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Star Wars has now posted a Fandango deal - get your ticket fee covered for up to 3 tickets...guess they don't want folks waiting for the TMobile Atom deal (since 3 free fees = about $5)...

For us outside the US, when is the T-mobile deal active?
What time span does it cover? Thx

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

From PS seems like $47-49mn True Friday.

Well, if previews are around 41 (lower than what deadline has predicted), that means about 90 million Friday. 
Given that this is being released one week closer to Christmas than TLJ, it will be very interesting to see how Fri/Sat perform in relation. 

But 175 million+ seems like a safe bet based on these early numbers. Not horrible. It's all about the Christmas multiple anyways...

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

Well, if previews are around 41 (lower than what deadline has predicted), that means about 90 million Friday. 
Given that this is being released one week closer to Christmas than TLJ, it will be very interesting to see how Fri/Sat perform in relation. 

But 175 million+ seems like a safe bet based on these early numbers. Not horrible. It's all about the Christmas multiple anyways...

I think a solid hold next weekend but then collapse after that 

Of course GOT season 8 broke records for ratings.

The storyline set up in Game of Thrones in the past 7 season really had audiences excited.

They just did not like what they saw. 

To be honest I think audiences were okay with the season for the first 2-3 episodes but having the Night King Die so anti climatically really was when the show went down a path it could not be saved from. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think a solid hold next weekend but then collapse after that 

The weekend of January 3rd to 5th will have an inflated Friday though. 
With NY Day on a Wednesday, many people will take Thu/Fri off, especially since most kids are still out of school those days. 

I imagine this will blunt whatever drop it has. 

The real test will be after that weekend...