Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

EvtJyaZXYAIqJz0?format=jpg&name=large

A very satisfying finale, I don't even feel like talking about what's in it because I'm kinda happy and relieved about the way it ended.

It was a real visual fest with some moving moments, I'm very satisfied.

A lot of sadness but also so much hope for the future!

It's the best thing the MCU has ever done as far as I'm concerned and my favorite live action show in a very long time. Watching each Friday has been a real pleasure and totally justified my Disney+, this platform is gonna make everything Disney more exciting, deeper and more engaging!

For me WandaVision is a 10/10 show or A+ like our friends in America like to say ^^

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

EvtJyaZXYAIqJz0?format=jpg&name=large

A very satisfying finale, I don't even feel like talking about what's in it because I'm kinda happy and relieved about the way it ended.

It was a real visual fest with some moving moments, I'm very satisfied.

A lot of sadness but also so much hope for the future!

It's the best thing the MCU has ever done as far as I'm concerned and my favorite live action show in a very long time. Watching each Friday has been a real pleasure and totally justified my Disney+, this platform is gonna make everything Disney more exciting, deeper and more engaging!

For me WandaVision is a 10/10 show or A+ like our friends in America like to say ^^

In a way , yes it was really satisfying.  But I was hoping some good conclusion.

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

In a way , yes it was really satisfying.  But I was hoping some good conclusion.

I don't know what you expected but I'll respect that, not everyone can be fully satisfied after all. It's part of the MCU though, it had to be open-ended.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, jatvision said:
  Hide contents

a friend said this, seems to shared

WHY WOULDN'T VISION TELL WANDA THAT THERE IS ANOTHER VISION WITH ALL MEMORIES WAITING OUTSIDE lol

Spoiler

she needs time to heal in a big way, see that heeling missing was probably the main reason she broke down in the first place.

She also needs time to adjust to the new power awareness, to learn, study, train.

If she knew (she does know about the ‘white version‘ in general, not sure if she asked about him of screen), wouldn‘t she being tempted in a very strong way to re-connect instead of doing the retreat she‘d do?

Also the white version, having all memories freed and added on might too need a bit of a time, contacts, neutral input,... to internally adjust, like memories, feelings... maybe not all 100% to upload in the same way. Find his own conclusions, get rid of maybe controlling parts within or...  Might find something in Wakanda btw, just as a thought

And should be aware about her really needing time to adjust, needing time... too.

If Vision didn‘t knew all the implications and needs of Wanda‘s new power details, the white version does even know less. And knows he does not know enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gamora said:
  Hide contents

My #1 worry for the show was always the old cliche of powerful woman goes crazy and evil, so thank the lord they didn't go that way. With it being a hugely popular assumption that she'd be the villain of Dr Strange I can't say I wasn't worried about it happening, so the ending of this pleased me greatly. Obviously what she did was wrong but she isn't evil and wants to understand her power, so that plays right into her fitting into Dr Strange, so I'm thrilled that things went the way they did.

I figured they would have Vision end up dying, but since he put his memories in White Vision doesn't that mean he's him? Definitely cried during their goodbye, but at the same time at least Wanda got a nice goodbye instead of watching Vision getting his head ripped open. Now she just needs to get her boys back.

Wanda pulling a Strange at the end with the studying while out of her body but also while still awake was cool, I really can't wait to see what she's getting up to in his movie. I love Strange as well so seeing these two interact will be awesome, pity we have to wait another year but it is what it is.

And that mid-credits scene with Monica was also great setup, it's always cool to see the Skrulls and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her and Carol interact.

I never read much spec tbh, didn't want to get spoiled and people let themselves get too carried away, but I really enjoyed this finale, and at least we have the making of next week as well.

Agree to a lot what here was said out of the positive reactions (of you and the others), in especially the bold parts I give a big fat thumbs up.

About Agnes:

Spoiler

I like how they set it up for a possibility to get her involved in the future if Wanda needs help, see in the comics Agatha switching sides to support Wanda and...)

about the future:

Spoiler

Agatha‘s you do not know what you did... allows for a lot of possibilities, depending on maybe adjustments for changed release dates, actors maybe not available, contracts with eg Sony or .... depending on what they need they can use it as a jump starting point into a lot of directions I guess

Last:

I‘d like to know where they did film the very last scene, if existing in RL

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

For those who care about Wandas story and growth this show was fantastic. For those who wanted the next 27 movies set up and mega story arch of the MCU introduced and watched 10 YouTube videos every week for each episode abou  “how this minor detail sets up the x men!”, it will be a disappointment. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 11

Enjoyed the finale as a wrap up to the story though it is probably for me the weakest episode of the series. 

Spoiler

Lol to those who expect massive game changing cameos or a sisemic shift in the MCU though. At the end of the day the films need to be accessible for those who don't watch the Disney+ stuff.

Definitely the SWORD aspects were the weakest part of the show but glad Agatha survived. As an exploration of Wanda's character this was a good end. 

I wouldn't really compare this post credit scene to the one in Ragnarok when Infinity Wwr takes place moment after while Doctor Strange 2 won't most likely be directly after especially when we have No Way Home connecting too.

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

For those who care about Wandas story and growth this show was fantastic. For those who wanted the next 27 movies set up and mega story arch of the MCU introduced and watched 10 YouTube videos every week for each episode abou  “how this minor detail sets up the x men!”, it will be a disappointment. 

Apparently according to some MCU fans every new property introduced in the MCU is to set up the X-Men

Can't wait for the "10 Reasons why Black Widow sets up mutants"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This was easily the weakest of the series for me. Everything felt like it was resolved too quickly. A bit of a letdown after the fantastic episode last week. 

Spoiler

I'm glad none of the theories were right, because I like being surprised, but I'm still annoyed at the pointless Evan Peters misdirection. There was literally no reason for him to play Ralph other than to troll fans. 

So are the kids trapped in another dimension? Is she going to save them in MoM? 

Sorry to say but didn't like this at all. Thought the show came short of what it was trying to do and this finale was just awful imo. It straight up feels from an entirely different show and it's incredibly messy and overwhelming (all the characters and subplots are jammed into this one episode and pop in and out randomly). The entire military/SWORD subplot feels so useless too and only added bloat. Rated this show on letterboxd and thought I gave this the same rating I gave Iron Man 2 and Thor Dark World when I rated this, but I actually rated both those movies higher. So I guess that means this is my lowest rating from anything in the MCU (I know it seems harsh, but this really didn't even meet my basic requirement for a MCU film, which is having a couple of pretty good laughs).

Kathryn Hahn hamming it up was the best part of this tho. Too bad the rest of the show took itself so much more seriously than she clearly was.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sorry to say but didn't like this at all. Thought the show came short of what it was trying to do and this finale was just awful imo. It straight up feels from an entirely different show and it's incredibly messy and overwhelming (all the characters and subplots are jammed into this one episode and pop in and out randomly). The entire military/SWORD subplot feels so useless too and only added bloat. Rated this show on letterboxd and thought I gave this the same rating I gave Iron Man 2 and Thor Dark World when I rated this, but I actually rated both those movies higher. So I guess that means this is my lowest rating from anything in the MCU (I know it seems harsh, but this really didn't even meet my basic requirement for a MCU film, which is having a couple of pretty good laughs).

Kathryn Hahn hamming it up was the best part of this tho. Too bad the rest of the show took itself so much more seriously than she clearly was.

while I usually don't agree with your points but I can see where you coming from. Maybe they changed some plans due to covid. It's like something was missing.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, Menor said:
  Hide contents

Well basically all that needs to be resolved is

1) Defeating Agatha and White Vision, which can be done with a simple fight scene. 

2) Wanda ending the Hex, which can be done pretty much instantly. 

3) What happens to Vision/the kids, again this probably takes only a couple of scenes

4) Consequences/fallout for Wanda, depending on what happens. Again takes a couple of scenes at most. 

5) Setting up Multiverse of Madness, which probably just takes a scene or two at the end or maybe Dr. Strange just shows up in a post-credit scene. 

6) More Pietro explanation? Not sure if this is really required, but a line should probably suffice here. 

40ish minutes can do this easily, I think. 

Spoiler

We got 1), 2), 3), 4), 5) though no direct setup, we have Wanda using astral projection and studying the Darkhold with the Dr. Strange theme playing in the background so I'll give it a yes, 6). Overall this finale was quite good and did what it needed to do, not sure what else people wanted to be resolved. 

Three issues: Monica didn't really do much, and Vision should have told or at least hinted more strongly to Wanda about White Vision having his memories, and I didn't really understand how Wanda was able to reabsorb her powers when she realized that Agatha had tricked her. 

Also not really an issue per se but Evan Peters just for some random character was an unnecessary level of trolling from the showrunners.

Other than that I thought it was well-done, the battle between Wanda and Agatha was cool, the way Vision turned White Vision with the Ship of Theseus analogy was hilarious, and most importantly Wanda had to give up both Vision and her kids and at the end she's more distrusted by the world than ever. She's going to be in an extremely dark place in Multiverse of Madness. Was that her kids screaming for help in the post-credits scene? 

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:
  Hide contents

yes, I am excited for DS2 but hoping it actually has something worth the hype. Finale easily the weakest episode. So much tease for nothing.

It was mess. Literally, everything left out open. 

Spoiler

? All of the major subplots were given a resolution, not sure what was left "open"

Overall the finale for me was good, though not quite great. I will put WandaVision in that same category as well. Definitely some things could have been improved, the balance of the sitcom and non-sitcom wasn't always perfect, some of the action felt confusing, and the SWORD aspects were very cliched. But overall a satisfying chapter in Wanda's journey and I'm very excited to see where she goes next. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

I already lowered my expectation because of how bad I found episode 8 to be but episode 9 was even more disappointing. 

The fight with Agnes was way too easy, the goodbye was basically meaningless since we already know about White Vision, MCU has wasted QS twice and done the multiverse fakeout twice as well. 

At the start of the series it seemed like MCU was doing something new to compete with how much quality superhero TV there is (Watchmen, The Boys, Doom Patrol) but by the end it seems mediocre. 

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1