TMP

Creed III | March 3, 2023 | MBJ will direct

On 7/31/2022 at 10:19 PM, CJohn said:

If he doesn't want to do it, leave him alone. Clearly something happened between him and MGM. He has been trashing the Drago spinoff in interviews. 

Stallone's beef is with the film's original producer, Irwin Winkler, not MGM.  But Stallone signed a deal way back then that didn't give him any equity stake/ownership in the franchise, so he really has no ground to fight anything legally, in this case.  He gets paid acting/writing/producing fees for each picture as they happen, but that's it.  

• Like 1

This is the exact direction I wanted them to take.

Someone Creed left behind in his past before getting taken in. 

That and the LA setting/lack of Rocky make this a proper standalone Creed film. 

Maybe we'll find it's lacking something because of that but I'm excited by the prospect.

I think Major's gonna kill it as well. Big Tom Hardy energy. 

On 2/25/2020 at 4:10 PM, Jake Gittes said:

Creed II was just too basic. Can't say I'm interested in this unless they get Coogler back, which is unlikely. Or unless he goes to Russia and wins the current cold war after growing a beard and running up and down mountains

Creed goes to Russia and stops the Ukraine/Russia conflict with only the help of a horny robot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, baumer said:

No interest.  No Rocky, no interest.  I might be in the minority but this was born from Rocky, it should die with Rocky.

I think the trailer is pretty ok (still I hope it's not too formulaic and only good guy vs bad guy in the end) but indeed it feels a bit strange without Rocky. And to see a whole film will be even more special.

I guess WW you're not in the minority. I don't want this film to fail because it's still somehow part of the Rocky universe and I liked Michael B. Jordan in the other two Creed movies etc. But I guess Creed III will be a tough sell OS.

2 hours ago, Eric Clade said:

Looks very solid IMO. I wouldn't have noticed that the director is somebody with probably very little experience (his first time as a director according to imdb).

By the way, Creed movies on Thanksgiving were a nice tradition :(.