charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Mrs. America hasn't released all its episodes yet but I wouldn't rule out Collette winning Supporting Actress since it seems like most of the Mrs. America ladies are gonna take up most of the category like most of the Normal Heart guys did in Supporting Actor that year and cancel each other out, allowing someone else to take the award. Limited Series will be Watchmen vs. Mrs. America with the other nominees being Unbelievable, Little Fire Everywhere, and Hollywood (which will probably get in just for being a Murphy show that had a ton of buzz pre-release even if it's a bit floppy) unless I Know This Much Is True's buzz picks up since Ruffalo's double roles and being on a great run are likely to push him to frontrunner status.

Hollywood over Plot Against America? Do the Emmys really hate David Simon that much, haha.

Just now, TMP said:

Hollywood over Plot Against America? Do the Emmys really hate David Simon that much, haha.

He doesn't seem to have the best luck with them even though he already has two Emmys heh. Though coming and going without making much noise probably hurts more. Damien Jizzelle's new Netflix show is also arriving without much fanfare.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, The Panda said:

The telegram chat is currently voting on what I’ll marathon after Westworld.  It is currently a tie between:

Band of Brothers and

The Twilight Saga 😫

twilight >

• ...wtf 1

Twilight, @The Panda

___

So. I am so excited about this!!! The National Theater put up Danny Boyle’s production of Frankenstein with Johnny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch. The premise is that the lead actors switch the roles of the creature and Frankenstein every other night. So there’s two versions of it that are available for the next week and a half. I just watched the Cumberbatch as the creature And Miller as Frankenstein version. It’s stunning. Phenomenal. I am not a Cumberbatch fan and I was so compelled with everything he was doing on stage. It’s only two hours and it’s totally worth it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Twilight, @The Panda

___

So. I am so excited about this!!! The National Theater put up Danny Boyle’s production of Frankenstein with Johnny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch. The premise is that the lead actors switch the roles of the creature and Frankenstein every other night. So there’s two versions of it that are available for the next week and a half. I just watched the Cumberbatch as the creature And Miller as Frankenstein version. It’s stunning. Phenomenal. I am not a Cumberbatch fan and I was so compelled with everything he was doing on stage. It’s only two hours and it’s totally worth it.

I heard about this last week and was waiting to watch it sometime later this week. Didn't know Danny Boyle directed it though. I guess I'm watching this tomorrow then.

• Like 1

TV

Unbelievable. Really good miniseries, it manages a perfect balance between the investigation and the victims trauma. Merrit Wever and her calming voice pretty much owns this.

The Last Dance. Very interesting, especially for anyone that didn't live through or was too young to remember the 90s.

Neon Genesis Evangelion ep1-15. Well it's interesting but maybe it's one of those things that I don't get the appeal. Literally the same thing happens every episode, I'll try to finish it though.

Hollywood ep1. Nope. It looks terrible even by Ryan Murphy standards.

Movies

Grizzly Man. For some reason I thought this was about someone having a "bear farm" or having domesticated them somehow. But it's about a guy that lived in the wild with bears. The entire movie I just couldn't fathom how crazy this guy is. It spoils the ending very early but still the footage is so insane it made me anxious all the way through.

The Girl with Dragon Tattoo. Might not be top tier Fincher but everytime I watch it I get a little sad they didn't get to make the sequels. 

Games

Titanfall 2 still. I played the campaign a second time, this game is awesome.

Edited by Joel M
  • Like 1

The poll finished...

In a week or so I will begin a marathon viewing of the Twilight Saga.  When I start I will create a live reaction thread here to whatever tf I witness.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

So it’s happening (BTW American Vandal is one of the best High School shows on TV).

Nicolas Cage To Star As ‘Tiger King’s Joe Exotic In Series In Works From ‘American Vandal’ Showrunner

https://deadline.com/2020/05/nicolas-cage-to-star-as-tiger-kings-joe-exotic-in-series-in-works-from-american-vandal-showrunner-1202925311/

• Like 1

The Last Temptation of Christ is such a strange film and I cannot believe that Scorsese made a film like it. Also one of the very, very few religious films that got me to understand why so many people follow Christianity (Malcolm X, which I saw two days, also got me more fascinated with Islam). Film does a great job at portraying Jesus as both a human and an inspirational being making his sacrifice much more meaningful.

• Like 4

April 25th-May 1st

April 25th

Star Trek: The motion picture: 7/10

Avengers (Infinity War): 8/10

The wind rises: 8/10

April 26th

Avengers (Endgame): 7/10

Soccer days (Spanish film): 7/10

April 27th

Beetlejuice: 6/10

April 29th

Catch me if you can: 6/10

April 30th

S.W.A.T: 3/10

May 1st

Transformers 4 (Age of Extinction): 4/10

10 Cloverfield Lane: 7/10

And for the moment, since May 2nd:

May 2nd

Star Trek 2: The wrath of Khan: 7/10

Its a mad, mad, mad, mad world: 3/10

The grapes of wrath: 10/10 (beyond it is a masterpiece, an absolutely necessary film, even more in these days)

May 3rd

Fast & Furious 1: 7/10

May 4th

Fast & Furious 2: 6/10

Beyond this, I am watching The West Wing, which I had not seen before (Season 2, Episode 5). For the moment, 8/10. A very good show, but talking about politics I still think Borgen (Danish show) is better.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2

Been watching JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure for my current TV binge. I think... I think I’m turning into a weeab :ohmygod:

Killing Eve has been trash this season.

Better Call Saul *chef’s kiss*

My film watching has consisted of shitty 00s comedies, but I managed to sneak in Beastie Boys Story which is fantastic.

• Like 1