charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, I thought he was one of the better parts about the show, as over-the-top as he was (fitting given the nature of the character). It was fun seeing him play against type, even though he's proven to be an effective serious actor in the past. Or maybe he just provided a much-needed jolt of energy lacking from most of our department store mannequin leads, I dunno.

The issue is he's playing such a character who has such incredibly serious subject matter, and plays it like a bad caricature. 

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Leave it to Apple to put Legend Evans in a flop miniseries no one's talking about.

Who the eff films a sex scene with Evans that is only 16 frames?!(!!,?,?,?,!!!!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DAR said:

I’ve been doing a Disney animated canon rewatch.   Unfortunately today was Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons

Low key cause those of the films I grew up with I have nostalgia for all of them except Chicken Little. I think Brother Bear may have been the first movie I ever watched in cinemas. 

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But Meet the Robinsons is good! One of their better "forgotten" efforts.

Yeah same here you can slowly start to see the signs of the new regime at WDAS taking shape with Meet the Robinsons. 

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Thought the Pilot and the second episode was just "alright" but everyone has told me that it gets better so will stick by it. 

Yes it do. I didn't liked Pilot at all in my 1st watch. Then watched S1 after some time and binged the whole thing after that.

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

You missed my reaction on this thread - I LOVED it and it's my 1st true binge of s show:)...

It gets better by the episode...and I'm ready for season 2 of Amazon's Upload next week, not 2021:)...

My wife asked me to watch this with her and we watched the whole season last night. It was a lot better then I was expecting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

But Meet the Robinsons is good! One of their better "forgotten" efforts.

On this rewatch I became increasingly annoyed with the “quirkiness” of the Robinsons 

Edited by DAR

23 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

16 drops might feel like a tall glass of water to a woman (or man) dying of thirst. 

Spoiler

33d9f578b7309311f26c875e41e02580e1c13dc7

e6ec342cde63edfb3372e8c46baef32b18b3daa7

80c888c7301c7fe6c175c873e22624048ed8eb8a

I am greedy.  I want more!!!!

• Haha 1

Watched the first 2 episodes of the Eddy, the 2nd one was good but I’m finding myself more interested in the documentary-like style camera work and direction than I am in the story. (The Cinéma vérité is probably going to be a turn off for some people but I’m a sucker for chaotic hand-held long takes). Overall it’s kind of a meh  I expected more from Damien Chazelle. I’ll still finish it because I like the cast and way its being shot (also it’s mostly in French so that’s a plus) but the story need to get going already, the ending of episode 2 was promising and I’m digging Elliot/Julie father daughter dynamic so maybe it’ll get better. 

for those who said Jack Thorne is not a great writer, ....maybe they have a point :ph34r:

also I watched I, Tonya which I thought was fantastic. It tells a tragic story in pitch-black Mockumentary style humor  with constant 4th wall breaking comments that makes you question what the truth was even was. (We should get more stylish biopics like this and Rocketman) and Margot Robbie gives off an A list performance that she will find a hard time topping in the near future. Really miserable story. 8/10

• Like 1

Haven't done this in awhile but I will list for more than one week...

Movies

The Count of Monte Cristo- 8/10

Love. Wedding. Repeat. - 6/10

The Man from UNCLE - 9/10 ( still mad this flopped)

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword- 4/10 (the sole Ritchie that I have seen and don't like)

TV Show

Locked Up - 6.5/10

I Am Not Okay With This - 6/10

Hollywood- 7/10

• Like 3

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Also speaking of Westworld I finished the new season earlier. 

Ryan Gosling Face Palm GIF - RyanGosling FacePalm Ugh GIFs

Literally the most useless season of a TV show I've seen in a long time. Everything that happens in it is meant to be big but it all feels so inconsequential. I hated this season and this is coming from one of the few people who liked Season 2.

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

What they did to the Man in Black was the worst. It's also clear that psycho Dolores died so that we could get a new, more sympathetic Dolores (probably will also be Aaron Paul's love interest) which is fine I guess but I wish they had just let her live and made her the main antagonist from season 4 onwards instead of keeping her as a protagonist with all the crappy moralising.