charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I thought it was slightly better than S2 but yeah debating whether it's worth coming back for S4.

I'd say Season 3 is worse. There are no brilliant standalone episodes like Akane no Mai or Kiksuya in this season. And the only good stories in Season 2 (William's and Maeve's) were completely ruined here.

• Like 1

the first season of Westworld was amazing and it ended on a high-note so I can't imagine the later 2 seasons would drop that much in quality (did they change writers? I think it's still by Nolan), they should at least be serviceable and since it's HBO the production value should be pretty high. I'll catch up on them soon 

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'd say Season 3 is worse. There are no brilliant standalone episodes like Akane no Mai or Kiksuya in this season. And the only good stories in Season 2 (William's and Maeve's) were completely ruined here.

Given how William’s story goes in Episode 9, I don’t think I’d call his good 

3 hours ago, The Panda said:

Given how William’s story goes in Episode 9, I don’t think I’d call his good 

That is because you haven't seen how season 3 ends for our boy William :hahaha:

I remember when Westworld was meant to replace Game of Thrones. Now it feels as if most people stopped caring. 

At best the concept would be a fun a movie (the original film was ok). But you can tell they were straining to make content for a multi-year TV show out of this thing, much like Jurassic Park has struggled to make interesting sequels. Season 2 tried to cover it up with a ridiculous storytelling choice and became a disaster. Season 3 went more linear and exposed the show as one of the most cliche things on TV outside of Anime.

How they’ll get more seasons out of this show is beyond me.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

I remember when Westworld was meant to replace Game of Thrones. Now it feels as if most people stopped caring. 

At best the concept would be a fun a movie (the original film was ok). But you can tell they were straining to make content for a multi-year TV show out of this thing, much like Jurassic Park has struggled to make interesting sequels. Season 2 tried to cover it up with a ridiculous storytelling choice and became a disaster. Season 3 went more linear and exposed the show as one of the most cliche things on TV outside of Anime.

How they’ll get more seasons out of this show is beyond me.

Viewers love robots and westerns and violence and nudity, so I’m sure they’ll be okay. 

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That is because you haven't seen how season 3 ends for our boy William :hahaha:

Neither did I until someone alerted me to a 5 minute Post Credit scene on the episode. I don’t check post credits for anything outside of Marvel so leaving such an important scene in this manner seems really strange to me. 

29 minutes ago, AJG said:

That's what happens when the quality falls off early on, resulting in drop in viewership and diminished expectations, instead of at the very end of the series.

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's what happens when the quality falls off early on, resulting in drop in viewership and diminished expectations, instead of at the very end of the series.

More like: GoT ratings increased every single season, so the people who didn't like the last years have to imagine a hypothetical decline in interest from viewers for a non-existing ninth season - since, in the real world, Game of Thrones ended at the very top.

51 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Viewers love robots and westerns and violence and nudity, so I’m sure they’ll be okay. 

Westworld lost about half of its audience in season 3 so robots are clearly not enough. And viewers don't like westerns as much as Hollywood still does.

Personally Westworld was very disappointing because I loved Person of Interest and expected even better from the other Nolan, with HBO production values and no need for CBS procedural episodes. But it never really clicked with me, and I haven't watch season 3 yet.

Edited by MrGlass2

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Neither did I until someone alerted me to a 5 minute Post Credit scene on the episode. I don’t check post credits for anything outside of Marvel so leaving such an important scene in this manner seems really strange to me. 

It was so random and crazy. And rushed too.

Spoiler

All that saving the world nonsense during the season to die in a 5 minutes scene after the credits lmao. 

Westworld is in the trash.

Edited by CJohn

This new season of Rick & Morty's been weak sauce so far. The first episode and last week's episode are the only ones I've actually liked, otherwise it's been nothing but clunkers.