charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

Finished Hollywood and it just because repetitive. Every conflict is simply resolved by one of the main characters saying "fuck you" and the last two episodes felt more like a lecture with characters breaking into monologues almost every scene. Loved the first couple of episodes but the last few were pretty mediocre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Keep watching - I loved the 1st season:)!

I have. Starting episode 9 now. 

It’s great to see William B. Davis again. Haven’t seen him in anything since Continuum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:35 PM, CoolioD1 said:

tapped out of Valerian after about 40 minutes. Jesus Christ. couldn't do it.

Worst movie I saw from 2017. I made it through the whole thing though.

Movies:

Babe: Pig in the City (1998) - 6/10

Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) - 

EXCm4HTXsAEl2Lh?format=jpg&name=360x360EXCm4HSWsAAKmyG?format=jpg&name=360x360/10

Whispers of the Heart (1995) - 7/10

Tokyo Drifter (1966) - 8/10

Local Hero (1983) - 7/10

The Story of Qiu Ju (1992) - 9/10

Happy Feet (2006) - 5/10

TV:

Finished up Normal People. Nice ending. the dude Paul Mescal is really great. Hope he stays booked and busy after this. The female lead will probably get roles off the back of this too since she's also good and looks like every other young british brunette that gets cast in Star Wars movies.

• Like 3

Week 5

(3rd-8th May 2020)

Movies

1.  Byôsoku 5 senchimêtoru: English title '5 Centimeter Per Second' by the director of Your Name. I was going to watch Weathering With You but the print available are with blurred sub space so skipped it for now and watched this. The film is story of a man's love for a girl in 3 acts in 3 different age; teenager and finally as adult. I personally liked the first one most. The film just like Your Name and Weathering With You is very beautiful. 7/10
  2. Wake Up Sid: Same old Bollywood film pretending to be not, which might have felt good back when it released but poorly dated. 2/10
  3. The Big Short: The behind the scene of 2008 recession told in a way of Disaster movie, with people in top ignoring the 'expert' and then the disaster starts unfolding. Good acting performances. 6/10
  4. Hercules (1997): Watched it randomly, okay Disney animation. Nothing special. 5/10
  5. Lincoln: The film is the performances basically, not something I had expected, with film just focusing on Slavery abolition amendment. Now I would have loved if they had just focused entirely on Congress proceedings in House of Card sorta. DDL is life of film, he look & live like Lincoln. 6/10
  6. The Avengers: Watched only 3rd act. The film looks awful even for time. Joss Whedon is a terrible director and thank God he didn't do Infinity War and Endgame. NR
  7. Bourne Identity: My biggest complain about film was the relationship developed between Bourne and Marie, which looked fake, out of place and illogical in this action spy film. The film is tale of amnesic spy searching for his identity and wasn't really impressed knowing that. 5/10
  8. Haider: Rewatched it but will count as first time watch, I had only watched it once in low quality Camrip but I did liked it. This time, first half was almost perfect but as the film go toward climax, Vishal Bhardwaj started losing it going in more commercial tone but the first half set up is strong enough to hold it. The film capture Kashmir as Kashmir. Shahid is flawless and we are lucky to have Tabu. Irrfan as Roohdar is Fire. 8/10

Movie of the Week: Haider

Haider is available on Netflix. I was gonna share Trailer but Trailer spoils a key element of the film. Don't watch the Trailer before watching the film.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

All sick and all beautiful, what a well shot, edited, acted, written all around great movie by a master, 10/10 (currently available on Amazon Prime if you have it).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  •  
  • The Avengers: Watched only 3rd act. The film looks awful even for time. Joss Whedon is a terrible director and thank God he didn't do Infinity War and Endgame. NR

This is funny because I think the third act is like the only thing that holds up from the rest of it.

But he is a terrible director and he is not funny and we were blessed with him not doing infinity war/Endgame

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

FX's DAVE S1

Funny show. Effective cameos. And some touching moments. Watch it.

Amazon's Upload

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW. It's an extended Black Mirror episode but without all that forced grim-ness. It's really touching (often unintentially). The romance angle is also something i can see being troped and copied in sci-fi movies for years to come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW. It's an extended Black Mirror episode but without all that forced grim-ness. It's really touching (often unintentially). The romance angle is also something i can see being troped and copied in sci-fi movies for years to come.

First rave I've seen for this show. Most of the reactions I've seen are lukewarm. The trailer just gave me Downsizing vibes (the trailer has the same music as the Downsizing trailer and they both involve the main character going to another world) but it looked fun. Guess I'll give it a go.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, AJG said:

FX's DAVE S1

Funny show. Effective cameos. And some touching moments. Watch it.

Amazon's Upload

I'm so happy someone else loved it!  I've never binged a show in a week, and it's the 1st one I did...and I'm SO HAPPY they announced that there will be a season 2!:)