stealthyfrog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | April 8, 2022 | Paramount | IDRIS ELBA IS KNUCKLES LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just now, Grebacio said:

Sucks that Pika was released on Endgame's third weekend. Could have reached 500M with a better release date

I dont know what you mean. Pika-Pika demolished Endgame with a 420M OW back in 2019, going on to gross 1 Billion DOM alone.

I believe this movie had a pretty good opening weekend, we'll know the actually numbers tomorrow but I do wonder if this movie may be more frontloaded than we suspect. The super fans really liked it and some casual people to, but I'm still not sure it will be a super huge over-preformance overall as some are saying.

There's good domestic hype going but Idk how much international hype there is. The last movie only made about 22 million more international than domestically, which to me didn't really indicate a strong overseas audience for this. I will say though that I think this will get a little over 400 million ww.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, clockwork said:

I believe this movie had a pretty good opening weekend, we'll know the actually numbers tomorrow but I do wonder if this movie may be more frontloaded than we suspect. The super fans really liked it and some casual people to, but I'm still not sure it will be a super huge over-preformance overall as some are saying.

There's good domestic hype going but Idk how much international hype there is. The last movie only made about 22 million more international than domestically, which to me didn't really indicate a strong overseas audience for this. I will say though that I think this will get a little over 400 million ww.

It's going at least $1m over Sunday estimates.  

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Leaked to the net a full 20 Days early. 

If I had to take a guess - the source is probably a US based cable or satellite provider (due to the frame-rate and 2 channel audio) that accidentally made it available weeks before they were meant to 

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 4:01 AM, AJG said:

Leaked to the net a full 20 Days early. 

If I had to take a guess - the source is probably a US based cable or satellite provider (due to the frame-rate and 2 channel audio) that accidentally made it available weeks before they were meant to 

Yeah heard news of the leak.

Very unfortunate. I just managed to catch it in theaters 3 days ago.. and now it has leaked.

This movie was great and deserved every cent.