Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

49 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Flash by all accounts has tested well unlike Batgirl (which was always mixed). I think the movie's getting canned and reshot with a new lead, but still keeping the same overall script (minus maybe the ending).

The people at test screenings are likely the same type of people who would jizz their pants just by seeing Keaton say “you wanna get nuts, come on let’s get nuts” (and based on reactions this seemed to be the case) so I don’t know how much stock I would put in those 

9 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Still not buying this getting canned. Ezra's iteration of Flash will end up dying and a new one will take his place. 

Releasing a $200m kids film starring a dude accused of grooming would be… yeah… nah.

49 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Still not buying this getting canned. Ezra's iteration of Flash will end up dying and a new one will take his place. 

Not with a 200 Million dollar budget.

Bargirl was a 70 to 90 Million dollar project that was , I understnad, orignally meant for straming with a threatrical release added later. Totally different then The FLash.

People are just freaking out over what happened with Batgirl.

Yes, Miller does pose a marketing nightmare for Warners, but they have no choice but to release it and roll the dice.

41 minutes ago, TMP said:

Releasing a $200m kids film starring a dude accused of grooming would be… yeah… nah.

They don't have a choice.  They will not eat a 200 Million dollar film. And releasing it streaming only is nearly as bad. They have no choice but to roll the dice.

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So what just drop it in theaters without marketing or any press from your lead actor? 

That is the dilemna  Warners is in with this.

IMHO they will have to come up with a way to market this that keeps Miller in the background as much as possible. 

They just cannot throw away a 200 Million plus movie.

I don't envy the guy stuck with marketing this.

I guess WB is hoping the fuss will die down before the movie but if Miller ends up in court..a  very realistic possbility...WB has a even worse situatin on it's hands.

But they will, in the end roll the dice and hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, Orestes said:

No. It was torpedoed by whoever doubled down on Snyder after MoS, and then tripled down after BvS.

This, The mistake was putting SNyder in charge of the DCU.

Scheduling JL to begin filming within a few weeks of the release of BvS, allowing no time for making changes based on the reception of BvS is one of the dumbest things I have seen a major studio do.

But Ezra problems are creating a big headache for DC/Warners no doubt.

Now there are reports that the first acts ofT the Flash  are great, but the last act needs work, which means it needs retakes, which will be PR nightmare if they can't avoid recalling Miller.

The Flash seems to have some kind of curse on it.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

This, The mistake was putting SNyder in charge of the DCU.

Scheduling JL to begin filming within a few weeks of the release of BvS, allowing no time for making changes based on the reception of BvS is one of the dumbest things I have seen a major studio do.

But Ezra problems are creating a big headache for DC/Warners no doubt.

Now there are reports that the first acts of the film are great, but the last act needs work, which means it needs retakes, which will be PR nightmare if they can't avoid recalling Miller.

The Flash seems to have some kind of curse on it.

Come on man. Go and do something else for a while. Its a bit pointless.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What if Alan Horn recommended this?

Then it will happen.

Look, I have not seen the film, retakes might be necessary, but they are going to add to the cost and create a lot of problems if Miller is required. I would not be surprised it they try to brainstorm a way to do the retakes, if possible without Miller having to be there.

I don't think this film can survive the backlash of cancelling Bat Girl. I know this film is more expensive but people are going to compare the situation. Cancelling a POC female led film but keeping a film led by grooming kidnapper is just not a good look even to a lot of dude bros/dc fanboys. 

• Like 4

Sounds like one of the reasons why they threw Batgirl away was that they didn't think it was big and cinematic enough to match their vision of what DC movies should be in future, and that's obviously not going to be the case with The Flash which is seemingly much more dramatic and heavy on action. It has also allegedly tested well. I'm 95 % sure they're going to release it and probably in theaters, maybe just without much marketing and without involving Ezra at all, and then after that they're going for reboot or soft reboot. But who the hell knows at this point