Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Supergirl’s costume is excellent btw. I love the red all over the shoulders too. 

The first image in that tweet, without the cape, looks like she’s wearing Spider-Man’s costume lol

very similar to the one they wanted josh Hartnett to wear in flyby

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqjdvn0qtzNJMMDoKVLDT

• Astonished 1

Lets give WB some credit. It is remarkable how well they have controlled the narrative here, especially given the outside noise. Everyone seems to mention this is supposedly great with every piece of media put out about it. 

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Lets give WB some credit. It is remarkable how well they have controlled the narrative here, especially given the outside noise. Everyone seems to mention this is supposedly great with every piece of media put out about it. 

WB has been helped in that Miller's legal situation is still pending.. WB hopes nothing happens until after the film opens.

Edited by dudalb

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

True but we've seen leaning on a big tentpole before, but it does not usually involve parading out Tom Cruise.

They are parading out Michael Keaton instead of Ezra Miller, for a number of reasons.

´´Now we’re getting word that another record-breaking test-screening occured yesterday and, shocker, the response was enthusiastic. This was said to be the Final Cut of the film and the scores were “through the roof,” again.´´ 

f3O2vRp.gif 

I´m honestly convinced WB is selling this movie wrong and following the mistakes Paramount made promoting D&D 

Hoping the second trailer actually shows what´s so good about it, instead of just the huge scale of the action

39 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

´´Now we’re getting word that another record-breaking test-screening occured yesterday and, shocker, the response was enthusiastic. This was said to be the Final Cut of the film and the scores were “through the roof,” again.´´ 

f3O2vRp.gif 

I´m honestly convinced WB is selling this movie wrong and following the mistakes Paramount made promoting D&D 

Hoping the second trailer actually shows what´s so good about it, instead of just the huge scale of the action

Unlike D&D, this one has people in spandex and capes. The movie will do fine.

Key thing is nostalgia. How much they can recreate Burton's gotham is the key. That will be a huge attraction for this movie. Batman 89 in that crazy summer when it was 3rd movie to break OW record was just crazy. And it beat OW record by almost 40% from a hyped sequel that released just 6 weeks previously !!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Unlike D&D, this one has people in spandex and capes. The movie will do fine.

It needs to be more than fine with 300M budget, i hope they put more effort and make it looks special like everyone who watch it say it is, so this can open with +150M OW 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

f3O2vRp.gif 

I honestly think that first trailer showed a lot more than most teasers/first official trailers do. But yeah, more of the heart would be great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

f3O2vRp.gif 

D&D??? Such a random comparison. Paramount marketed the movie fine. It's just no one gives a shit about D&D lol. I don't really see how WB is mis-marketing this too. There's a screening happening over a month early. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

D&D??? Such a random comparison. Paramount marketed the movie fine. It's just no one gives a shit about D&D lol. I don't really see how WB is mis-marketing this too. There's a screening happening over a month early. 

WB is doing a very good job Marketing this. 

Particualry with a cloud hanging over the head of the lead actor being a big problem.

Of course they are lucky in that they can sell Keaton/Batman  instead..which is what they seem to be doing.

Edited by dudalb

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No they weren´t, literally no one was expecting a good D&D movie watching those trailers because they was selling big action sequences and random jokes, but where the movie really shine was in the interaction between the characters and the humor dynamic between them

And while everyone who watches The Flash praises it and people are talking about the humor, the interactions, the heart ... what the trailer show was mostly gigantic action scenes, and plenty of people complain and seems to not really believe the movie is that good, this is the comparisson. 

Like i said, hopefully the next one will focus on other things instead of mostly action, they have 2 whole months to make the marketing look as special as people who seen the movie describe.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

No they weren´t, literally no one was expecting a good D&D movie watching those trailers because they was selling big action sequences and random jokes, but where the movie really shine was in the interaction between the characters and the humor dynamic between them

And while everyone who watches The Flash praises it and people are talking about the humor, the interactions, the heart ... what the trailer show was mostly gigantic action scenes, and plenty of people complain and seems to not really believe the movie is that good, this is the comparisson. 

Like i said, hopefully the next one will focus on other things instead of mostly action, they have 2 whole months to make the marketing look as special as people who seen the movie describe.

The film also has to cope with the fact that the GA does seem a little burned out on CBMs. Warners really has to sell this one to an audience more then would have had to a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The film also has to cope with the fact that the GA does seem a little burned out on CBMs. Warners really has to sell this one to an audience more then would have had to a few years ago.

Exactly, everyone who see the movies praises how the movie stand out in this sea of CBM, the trailers aren´t making it looks like a standout, because the trailer is pretty much like all CBM movie trailers. 

The inside infos say it´s great but the trailer didn´t translate that, this is where my D&D comparisson came from.

I just think in order for this really succeeds since it´s so expensive, they need to show to audiences it is a special movie, but there´s enough time for sure. And obviously amazing reception in CinemaCon will help that [even if they´re always inclined to prase everything], they just need a killer second trailer, not those previews where people was just mocking the CGI.

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Exactly, everyone who see the movies praises how the movie stand out in this sea of CBM, the trailers aren´t making it looks like a standout, because the trailer is pretty much like all CBM movie trailers. 

The inside infos say it´s great but the trailer didn´t translate that, this is where my D&D comparisson came from.

I just think in order for this really succeeds since it´s so expensive, they need to show to audiences it is a special movie, but there´s enough time for sure And obviously amazing reception in CinemaCon will help that [even if they´re always inclined to prase everything], they just need a killer second trailer, not those previews where people was just mocking the CGI.

Agree.

That is what the films fanboys where don't get. People are not going automatically going to show up because it's the FLash. THye have to be sold on it.

And the comments that the previous trailers were "great" is fan blinders at it;s worst.

FOr the record, I think selling the Keaton/Batman angle is the way to go.

• Like 1