Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

On 4/14/2023 at 3:15 PM, TheDude391 said:

All the buzz, all the hype. Hell I've even heard it's great from trusted people I know who were at test screenings. And yet everything they release or show looks so MID. I'm very curious about this one ha.

I might have to rethink my predictions for this one. I was at the theater today and during this trailer I heard someone say "Another movie that means *nothing*."

• Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I might have to rethink my predictions for this one. I was at the theater today and during this trailer I heard someone say "Another movie that means *nothing*."

Definitely think Muschietti is a good filmmaker for it and it has the novelty of being DCs first big film to bring back and bridge characters from other, earlier DC films. That should help it. But, so far is the multiverse thing becoming played out... I wonder that too. I assume that's what that individual mean. We've seen X-Men do it with Days of Future Past. We've seen the MCU do it with Endgame, Multiverse of Madness, No Way Home, Loki. We saw Quatumania illude to it enormously with Kang as well. We've seen it with Spider-verse and we'll see it with its upcoming sequels too. And, of course, we saw it with the Oscar winning Everything Everywhere All At Once. 

So, I think The Flash should be okay as there's novelty in bringing back Keaton's Batman, Affleck's Batman, Zod, etc. But, I'm not certain how much more multiverse the public is willing to stomach on a huge scale in superhero films. Maybe I'm way off base here?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

17 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Definitely think Muschietti is a good filmmaker for it and it has the novelty of being DCs first big film to bring back and bridge characters from other, earlier DC films. That should help it. But, so far is the multiverse thing becoming played out... I wonder that too. I assume that's what that individual mean. We've seen X-Men do it with Days of Future Past. We've seen the MCU do it with Endgame, Multiverse of Madness, No Way Home, Loki. We saw Quatumania illude to it enormously with Kang as well. We've seen it with Spider-verse and we'll see it with its upcoming sequels too. And, of course, we saw it with the Oscar winning Everything Everywhere All At Once. 

So, I think The Flash should be okay as there's novelty in bringing back Keaton's Batman, Affleck's Batman, Zod, etc. But, I'm not certain how much more multiverse the public is willing to stomach on a huge scale in superhero films. Maybe I'm way off base here?

I trust the buzz that the movie is outstanding, because we don’t see that often. Especially for a project like The Flash, which everyone was already writing off. There are too many signs pointing to it being great. I’m thinking it will do something unique with the multiverse concept. Otherwise, execs and insiders wouldn’t all be saying the same thing. They all have seen all those other multiverse movies too.

And having read the Flashpoint comics, and watched the adaptation on the CW series, I can totally see why this could be a great and special film. It’s a really promising story.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I trust the buzz that the movie is outstanding, because we don’t see that often. Especially for a project like The Flash, which everyone was already writing off. There are too many signs pointing to it being great. I’m thinking it will do something unique with the multiverse concept. Otherwise, execs and insiders wouldn’t all be saying the same thing. They all have seen all those other multiverse movies too.

And having read the Flashpoint comics, and watched the adaptation on the CW series, I can totally see why this could be a great and special film. It’s a really promising story.

I trust it too... And, the buzz for the first X-Men multiverse (Day of Future Past) and Avengers multiverse (Endgame) and Spider-man multiverse (No Way Home) and animated Spider-man multiverse (Into The Spider-verse) was outstanding as well.

I'm sure they made a good movie here. But, I think novelty helps the buzz as well. I think it was combination of both for all the ones I just mentioned too... Good movie and novelty within whatever set universe.

So I watched Belle in the weekend and I got trailers for a bunch of fake movies, including this one:

And legit until Sean Bean popped up I thought this was a new Flash trailer. And then the Flash trailer was shown right after this and I was kinda gobsmacked by how the CG work in both movies like equally shit.

I think this will be a D&D type situation 

The trailers are selling the big scope and monumental scale of it, very focused on the CGI feast [that is kinda cheap tbf, it does looks good in a lot of scenes because the cartoonish style of it helps, but a lot of shots are atrociously unfinished]

But the movie will probably triumph because of it´s nostalgic and emotional elements that let´s be honest, are not very clear in the marketing campaign just like it wasn´t for D&D

So yeah, i believe it will be a very good movie, there´s just too many different people praising it along with great audience tests to be a disaster

21 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I actually did hear their reasoning was "They're recasting everyone." Personally, I don't see why that matters. For years, people have seen movies regardless of weather or not there will be a sequel or not. But now everyone is more focused on "What's next?" than they are the actual movies.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

I actually did hear their reasoning was "They're recasting everyone." Personally, I don't see why that matters. For years, people have seen movies regardless of weather or not there will be a sequel or not. But now everyone is more focused on "What's next?" than they are the actual movies.

Extremely hopeless that "another movie that means nothing" is code for "wraps up a story arc without shoehorning in major future universe plans" (barring late reshoots lol)

On 4/15/2023 at 11:59 AM, Hatebox said:

The shot of the the batwing is good because they did that in Batman ‘89 and I remember Batman ‘89 and like it so doing it again is good. 

I know this is is sarcasm but it's also exactly why this movie is getting great test scores.

There is no hidden card up this movie's sleeve which will blow everyone away.

The movie is getting great test scores (and will probably do well) because like No Way Home and Ghostbusters: Afterlife it's less of an actual movie than a dispensing machine for moments where the audience cheers because they recognize something from a much better movie. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TerwillikerInst said:

I know this is is sarcasm but it's also exactly why this movie is getting great test scores.

There is no hidden magic bullet that this movie has which will blow everyone away.

The movie is getting great test scores (and will probably do well) because like No Way Home, while it's an insanely weak movie, it also regularly dispenses moments for the audience to cheer as they recognize something. 

I mean, if you want to be cynical, you can interchange No Way Home with Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Super Mario Bros. Movie, Days of Future Past, etc. to make the same point. They all kinda play on the same nostalgia. Heck, even Rise of Gru too. Pretty much all of the Disney live action reworkings of their animated classics too.  Probably a number of others that I'm forgetting... I'm not sure I think all of those movies are insanely weak as you say. I actually think some of them are pretty good. But, yeah, all of them absolutely rely heavily on the 'member berries though.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, belblazer said:

Supergirl’s costume is excellent btw. I love the red all over the shoulders too. 

The first image in that tweet, without the cape, looks like she’s wearing Spider-Man’s costume lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

There is no hidden card up this movie's sleeve which will blow everyone away.

The movie is getting great test scores (and will probably do well) because like No Way Home and Ghostbusters: Afterlife it's less of an actual movie than a dispensing machine for moments where the audience cheers because they recognize something from a much better movie. 

Why stop at No Way Home and Afterlife? You can apply the same to the Super Mario Bros. Movie, Force Awakens, Jurassic World and many others. That's cynical as I believe some of those movies are genuinely good but it does apply to many others.

• Like 1