Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

27 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Which trades are reporting this? I’ve seen sites like screen rant and HH and comic book.com run with this storey, not thr etc. Batman news is the one who started this as he’s been credited on all the stories. Again, even if trades are reporting it I don’t care that Kroll said this or that sites are running it. I just don’t think it’s new and relevant as I agree with @ChipMunky as this was something a lot of us knew from before.

I think the tone of my posts are coming off wrong cause I’m not angry or mad in any way. Kroll reported news he had and that’s fine. I’m more disappointed in myself for watching that podcast for 15 minutes to be honest. 

also, the director of Shazam confirmed in August the movie was part of the dceu or whatever we’re calling it now. Wether or not he’s telling the truth will remain to be seen. 

Trades don't report this kind of news because they aren't news, they are buzz. Buzz that trade reporters like Justin hear it and shared with the world through a podcast. At this moment, I will take Kroll's word on Flash being in wait and see and, unfortunately, Man of Steel 2 not being a go at this moment either. DC Films is figuring out where to head next, and I'm rooting for it. But it's not like this isn't a problematic launch. It obviously is, I just don't like how fans can't even entertain the idea that it's problematic, it reeks like burying heads in the sand to me. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Trades don't report this kind of news because they aren't news, they are buzz. Buzz that trade reporters like Justin hear it and shared with the world through a podcast. At this moment, I will take Kroll's word on Flash being in wait and see and, unfortunately, Man of Steel 2 not being a go at this moment either. DC Films is figuring out where to head next, and I'm rooting for it. But it's not like this isn't a problematic launch. It obviously is, I just don't like how fans can't even entertain the idea that it's problematic, it reeks like burying heads in the sand to me. 

I think it has more to do with how you see the situation. I can freely admit that JL was a bumpy road to make. But anyways I’m gonna stop commenting on this situation as I think I’ve said my part enough. We’ll see what happens in a few weeks when JL comes out.

• Like 1

I still maintain a lot of DC's Wait and See about a Flash solo movie is because  of concern about how much impact the TV show would have on the box office.

"It's hard to get people to pay for what they think they can see for free" is an old rule, and People paying to see the Flash are past of the JL is a different thing then paying to see a solo Flash movie when they can watch a live action solo Flash on TV. If Ezra Miller's version goes over really big in the JL film, then DC might pull the trigger,but IMHO it's not a sure thing.

It is a problem DC set up when they went with different LIve action TV and Movie Universes:The danger of competing with yourself.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I still maintain a lot of DC's Wait and See about a Flash solo movie is because  of concern about how much impact the TV show would have on the box office.

"It's hard to get people to pay for what they think they can see for free" is an old rule, and People paying to see the Flash are past of the JL is a different thing then paying to see a solo Flash movie when they can watch a live action solo Flash on TV. If Ezra Miller's version goes over really big in the JL film, then DC might pull the trigger,but IMHO it's not a sure thing.

It is a problem DC set up when they went with different LIve action TV and Movie Universes:The danger of competing with yourself.

Yes and that's something I was always against it. If they wanted a Flash TV series, they would better have the same actor and world brought to the big screen too. Or not do it at all. Also, it's crazy how I do see a lot of hardcore real life Flash TV fans that seem completely oblivious about Justice League, which is a freaking shame and not how it should go down. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Yes and that's something I was always against it. If they wanted a Flash TV series, they would better have the same actor and world brought to the big screen too. Or not do it at all. Also, it's crazy how I do see a lot of hardcore real life Flash TV fans that seem completely oblivious about Justice League, which is a freaking shame and not how it should go down. 

I also see some DC Cinematic Universe fans who despise the DC Live action TV universe.so it goes both ways.

There is a reason why Marvel decided not to use any of it's "A" charecters (with the exception of Daredevil" in it's TV shows.

• Like 1

I still maintain a lot of DC's Wait and See about a Flash solo movie is because of concern about how much impact the TV show would have on the box office.

DC should breathe a sigh of relief those recent shitty Wonder Woman TV shows never happened. The David E Kelly WW show had her throwing pipes through necks, or the possible prequel show with Diana in high school on the CW called Amazon. Either would have damaged the WW brand badly.
Edited by Mojoguy

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

DC should breathe a sigh of relief those recent shitty Wonder Woman TV shows never happened. The David E Kelly WW show had her throwing pipes through necks, or the possible prequel show with Diana in high school on the CW called Amazon. Either would have damaged the WW brand badly.

Funny part is that the screenwriter for WW was the creator

I think they should concentrate on a making a good Flash movie, and forget about trying a "Soft reboot" of the DCU. Forget about the multi hero films for a while. Make good films about the individual charecters, and the team up films will come. DC has tried to force the multi character films, and we have seen how that works..........

And everything in the DCU is being looked at very closely,in the wake of what happened with JL.

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think they should concentrate on a making a good Flash movie, and forget about trying a "Soft reboot" of the DCU. Forget about the multi hero films for a while. Make good films about the individual charecters, and the team up films will come. DC has tried to force the multi character films, and we have seen how that works..........

And everything in the DCU is being looked at very closely,in the wake of what happened with JL.

Apparently Lord & Miller's old treatment had the Rogues as villains and a Cyborg cameo. Personally I would rather watch that film first.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

They really should have done the Flash movie and Aquaman movies before doing a JL movie.

Agree, and it sounds very similar to "They should have done MOS2 and/or Bat-solo before doing BVS". Right now I don't care much for Flash as found him pretty annoying in the movie. Am looking forward to AQM strictly due to curiosity around how Wan brings the under-water world to light. Else based on performances in the movie would rather have a Cybrog movie with an extended Superman cameo - kinda like IM in SMH.

21 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

They really should have done the Flash movie and Aquaman movies before doing a JL movie.

Nope.

They should have done good JL movie. That's all. 

Like example:

Black Panther doesn't need a solo movie to be a better part of "Civil War".

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Apparently Lord & Miller's old treatment had the Rogues as villains and a Cyborg cameo. Personally I would rather watch that film first.

Me too. It's way too early in this universe to mess with timelines.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, Arlborn said:

Me too. It's way too early in this universe to mess with timelines.

The DC Universe to going to get a huge makeover. You can bet on that. So far, it is very much a bust.

• ...wtf 1