Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

37 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Flashpoint will need to be a 2 parter. No way can they fit flashes origin and the paradox in one movie.

The animated movie fit all of that in a little more than an hour. Flash's origin was handled through dispersed flashbacks.

Frankly I'd prefer if they took that direction and leaped directly to the action (preferably taking place after the events of JL). Flash's origin is pretty by the numbers so it doesn't really deserve a linear telling like say Wonder Woman's. Good characterization and writing will get the message across.

• Like 1

This was all just talking in passing if you watched the podcast which I unfortunately did. I can’t stand the two normal hosts and have never heard Kroll talk before and that will be the last time I want to hear him talk either, he sounds like a child when he speaks. Immature etc 

I’ll stick to reading his tweets. And as he’s said before, if it’s real news he’ll make a storey about it. Notice who’s making these articles? 

I have no doubts a flash movie will be made soon unless JL completely bombs and everyone hates the flash in the movie. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

This was all just talking in passing if you watched the podcast which I unfortunately did. I can’t stand the two normal hosts and have never heard Kroll talk before and that will be the last time I want to hear him talk either, he sounds like a child when he speaks. 

I’ll stick to reading his tweets. And as he’s said before, if it’s real news he’ll make a storey about it. Notice who’s making these articles? 

I have no doubts a flash movie will be made soon unless JL completely bombs and everyone hates the flash in the movie

Not sure how Kroll is in the wrong by reporting stuff he heard which seems completely reasonable. It's like thinking that the MCU would be the same if The Avengers wasn't as amazing and profitable as it was. It wouldn't, and neither would be the shared universe landscape within all the Hollywood studios. Saying stuff about the messenger's voice won't make the message any less credible or feasible, you know.

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not sure how Kroll is in the wrong by reporting stuff he heard which seems completely reasonable. It's like thinking that the MCU would be the same if The Avengers wasn't as amazing and profitable as it was. It wouldn't, and neither would be the shared universe landscape within all the Hollywood studios. Saying stuff about the messenger's voice won't make the message any less credible or feasible, you know.

I don’t think he’s wrong at all, and I don’t care that he said it. I think you’re missing my point, I just don’t  think it really means  much that’s all. If it was a newsworthy click worthy storey he would of make an article himself.

Also, just to clarify and that’s my fault for  not being more specific so if I offended anyone I’m sorry, I meant he sounds very immature the way he talks(just his gestures and swearing etc)not the actual sound of his voice. I just expected him to be more professional I guess. 

Edited by cax16

Also, don’t forget that while these guys have sources, maybe we’re finally at the point where WB has had enough and is trying to keep things more internal. A perfect example of that would be the casting of Shazam this week. Just before the storey broke the director put up a pic on Instagram with a Shazam toy holding a sign that said “today”. And what do you know? 5 minutes later thr had the storey up. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Also, don’t forget that while these guys have sources, maybe we’re finally at the point where WB has had enough and is trying to keep things more internal. A perfect example of that would be the casting of Shazam this week. Just before the storey broke the director put up a pic on Instagram with a Shazam toy holding a sign that said “today”. And what do you know? 5 minutes later thr had the storey up. 

And no one had the inside scoop. Levi's name never came up as even being on a shortlist prior to the news breaking.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

And no one had the inside scoop. Levi's name never came up as even being on a shortlist prior to the news breaking.

Ditto for Evans on Deathstroke, Joker origin solo, Whedon's entering the fray and taking on Batgirl, the Flash movie being titled Flashpoint, Snyder taking a break due to his family tragedy, Gavin O'Connor being signed on for Suicide Squad 2 etc. etc.

Other than obvious developments (Jenkins being signed on for WW2), none of these "insider scoops" have broken anything new that wasn't sent to the trades by an official WB source first. Kroll didn't even know that Shazam was going into production nor that The Rock was not in it, and El Maybe of all people was the one to inform him. 

Flashpoint being dependent on JL's and the character's reception is something pretty much all of us heavily suspected anyway so it's pretty much "water is wet" kind of news. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Meh, it was fairly obvious what they were doing, with the waiting to announce literally anything.

Glad we'll finally know more in about 2 weeks.

If Kroll wasn’t on that podcast we literally wouldn’t be having this conversation, I find it hilarious.

I still think we get a flash movie either way, JL reception will just make it clear which flash movie we’ll be getting. 

11 minutes ago, cax16 said:

If Kroll wasn’t on that podcast we literally wouldn’t be having this conversation, I find it hilarious.

I still think we get a flash movie either way, JL reception will just make it clear which flash movie we’ll be getting. 

This still feels like a "kill the messenger" thing. And I'm not sure it's a given. Way too much trade reporters talking about this to not raise a red flag. We still don't even have confirmation that stuff like Shazam! and the in early talks Gareth Evans Deathstroke film will happen inside the shared universe. Not basing a Flash movie happening in faith and belief. I have faith that the Fantastic Four will go back to Marvel Studios, but that doesn't mean that is happening at all.

Edited by iJackSparrow

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

This still feels like a "kill the messenger" thing. And I'm not sure it's a given. Way too much trade reporters talking about this to not raise a red flag. We still don't even have confirmation that stuff like Shazam! and the in early talks Gareth Evans Deathstroke film will happen inside the shared universe. Not basing a Flash movie happening in faith and belief. I have faith that the Fantastic Four will go back to Marvel Studios, but that doesn't mean that is happening at all.

Which trades are reporting this? I’ve seen sites like screen rant and HH and comic book.com run with this storey, not thr etc. Batman news is the one who started this as he’s been credited on all the stories. Again, even if trades are reporting it I don’t care that Kroll said this or that sites are running it. I just don’t think it’s new and relevant as I agree with @ChipMunky as this was something a lot of us knew from before.

I think the tone of my posts are coming off wrong cause I’m not angry or mad in any way. Kroll reported news he had and that’s fine. I’m more disappointed in myself for watching that podcast for 15 minutes to be honest. 

also, the director of Shazam confirmed in August the movie was part of the dceu or whatever we’re calling it now. Wether or not he’s telling the truth will remain to be seen.